2017 13-inch MacBook Pro TouchBar + GTX1070 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [m4ttbush]
2017 13-inch MacBook Pro, function keys/non-touchbar.
Windows 10 installed through Boot Camp
- Install Windows 10 using Boot Camp
- Install Thunderbolt drivers from Intel
- Update firmware on AKiTiO Node (may have to do the magic in steps 4-10 to get this to work)
- Shut down MacBook
- Power on MacBook, holding Option to show boot menu.
- Connect to a WiFi network (this may be superstition but I've had 100% success rate doing this, and occasional failures not doing this)
- Put your finger on the enter key to boot in to Windows, but don't press it yet!
- Switch on the AKiTiO Node and wait only about 1 second but less than 2 seconds!
- Hit enter to boot in to Windows! If you hear a device detected beep, you were too late and it will probably blue screen.
- If it takes a really long time, like 2+ minutes to boot, then it's working!
- Install Nvidia drivers!
- Shut down and repeat the boot process (steps 4-10) above whenever you want to plug in the eGPU.
Pretty happy with the setup. I have to shut down and wait a couple minutes to boot using the eGPU but I only have to do that once a day or so, so I don't really mind.
Haven't tried OS X yet..
Significant performance improvement in PUBG..
If you have any ideas to get it to boot faster or get hot swapping working, let me know!