late-2016 15" Macbook Pro RP460 + GTX1070@32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core) + Win10 [conhan]^ // no-DSDT  

conhan
(@conhan)
March 26, 2017 4:56 pm  

Just wanted to share my setup and success with fixing 'error 12' since the posts in this forum were so helpful in getting it running, especially this post  by @haruhiku.

This setup is with:

pic3

2016 touch MBP 15 inch - Radeon 460 4GB ram (I assume it would work with the 450 model as well), Razer Core, GTX 1070, Win10 Pro 64bit via Bootcamp.

I originally did the DSDT override with testsigning mode on since I didn't want to risk bricking this laptop that I use for a lot of my work. Overwatch was fine, but when launching For Honor I ran into an error with EasyAntiCheat not being able to run with driver signing mode off.  So I switched back testsigning mode and we back to the forums to do more reading.

I ended up doing what the poster above did and just disabled various things in device manager until it worked.  

device manager

Above: the things that I disabled that worked for me have the little down arrow next to them.

I am able to boot with the razer core still connected, the internal mbp display will freeze during bootup, but the external display will come on.  

pic1

It will be a bit laggy and may blue screen and reboot once or twice, but once you are able to log in and go to display settings to disable the internal display (likely monitor 1), everything works great!

display settings

I just went ahead and changed power options so I can use clam shell mode, and am happy with the results.  I can now attach the razer core, boot into win10, and close the laptop.

settings

For Honor @2560x1080 - graphics maxed!

pic2

Hope this helps someone else!

Edited: 1 year  ago

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Prominent Member Admin
March 26, 2017 5:13 pm  
Posted by: conhan

I am able to boot with the razer core still connected, the internal mbp display will freeze during bootup, but the external display will come on. 

Here’s instructions how to activate the iGPU:

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/how-to-keep-mbps-irisiris-pro-activated-when-booting-into-windows-boot-camp/

automate-eGPU.shapple_set_os.efi
--
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + Vega64@32Gbps-TB3 (Netstor HL23T) + macOS & Win10
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + GTX980/RX580@32Gbps-TB3 (Netstor HL23T) + macOS10.13 & Win10

conhan liked
ReplyQuote
haruhiku
(@haruhiku)
March 30, 2017 4:44 am  

Good job! Very pleased I could help 🙂

ReplyQuote
Tongefactor40
(@tongefactor40)
March 31, 2017 3:39 am  

Can you be more specific about "disabling various things?" I disabled my AMD card and the screen went blank, restart didn't help, had to reinstall everything.

ReplyQuote
conhan
(@conhan)
March 31, 2017 2:45 pm  

If you look in the screenshot for device manager, the things that I disabled that worked for me have the little down arrow next to them.

ReplyQuote
conhan
(@conhan)
March 31, 2017 3:35 pm  

Just wanted to attach an updated device manager screenshot for you. My 1070 is on the x4 Controller... not sure if that affects the performance or speed, or if it's different from what you're seeing.

device manager update

ReplyQuote