1080 Ti in eGPU with 2017 iMac in bootcamp

Notifications
Clear all

1080 Ti in eGPU with 2017 iMac in bootcamp  

of  3
  RSS

Hunk89
(@hunk89)

Hey i was wondering does the akitio node run under bootcamp with the Aorus GTX 1080 Ti on my 2017 iMac?

Does it run on Mac OS, too?

thanks,

Hunk

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
André Santos Silva
(@andre_santos_silva)

As far as I know, on sierra is fine as long as you use the guides here to use the egpu properly.

on high Sierra is “no go” at the moment. There are no drivers.

2013 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 350) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Hunk89
(@hunk89)

And Windows via bootcamp works? 
That is most important for me.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
André Santos Silva
(@andre_santos_silva)

Nvidia on bootcamp is fine ( possibly there could be some installation problems but the guides here should help you on solving them).

2013 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 350) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Reinhard1004
(@reinhard1004)
Eminent Member

Posted by: André Santos Silva

As far as I know, on sierra is fine as long as you use the guides here to use the egpu properly.

There are ... 10.13 (17A365) compatible web drivers

Late 2016 15" MBP w/ Radeon Pro 460, 2m CalDigit TB3 cable, Mantiz Venus eGPU case, NVidia GTX 1080ti.

ReplyQuote
panchitous
(@panchitous)

Posted by: Reinhard1004
Posted by: André Santos Silva

There are ... 10.13 (17A365) compatible web drivers

Yeah but they don't work in High Sierra with 1080ti yet, in windows everything run smooth once you've done the correct config for your setup. I would highly recommend you an external display in order to enjoy the 1080ti for gaming

ReplyQuote
rcarr88
(@rcarr88)

I have a similar question, this eGPU setup should work just fine with a 2017 iMac 5k in bootcamp. Will this also work with the internal display? I have seen mixed information about using the internal iMac display with an eGPU.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Hunk89
(@hunk89)

I dont know what to do. I thought that using an eGPU on Bootcamp would be a straightforward process. How do i install this? The guides all look very complicated. I want to use the internal display.

Do i have to do stuff before every boot? That sucks. Sorry but its true.

ReplyQuote
alfyrx8
(@alfyrx8)

Posted by: Hunk89

Hey i was wondering does the akitio node run under bootcamp with the Aorus GTX 1080 Ti on my 2017 iMac?

Does it run on Mac OS, too?

thanks,

Hunk

I have a 2017 imac 5k running asus 1080ti using akitio node using bootcamp.  You have to install the drivers for hte thunderbolt 3 and akitio firmware .  Go to this link and scroll down to 

Upgrading the Akitio Node’s firmware and follow the instructions.  also there is a youtube video on that page . Start at 8 min mark.  Good luck. 

ReplyQuote
Hunk89
(@hunk89)

But i want to use the internal display. It all seems very complicated to me. What do i need to do and does it run smoothly or does it cause errors and trouble all the time?

ReplyQuote
 of  3