Clear all

15" MacBookPro 2018 How to get the internal display running on Bootcamp  

of  3
  RSS

OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

@elnalgva
yes, there is a way to accelerate the internal display with the ADM eGPU! It is a little bit tricky but doable.

The trick is to "uninstall" the dGPU (Radeon Pro 560X) in device manager just before rebooting. After rebooting you will have both displays working well. It is very reliable and works well. It's funny that you must do the same trick with an nVidia card if you want to boot with a connected eGPU and not lose internal display.

There are tutorial about this in this very forum.- Perhaps @itsage can provide a link?!

Thank you Smile

Edit: Short tutorial:

1) Completely Uninstall original drivers with DDU and install Bootcampdrivers.com

2) Hotplug eGPU and get Error 12

3) Uninstall Radeon Pro 560X in Device manager (keep files) and reboot immediately.

4) Works

Unfortunately step 3 has to be done each time before reboot

This post was modified 2 months ago

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 & macOS 10.15.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
елена лигова
(@elnalgva)

@oliverb, Thank you! Very impressive tutorial!

Surprisingly, where is a method that can get both the dGPU and eGPU working on 560X mac. The key was to use the drivers installed from ( https://www.bootcampdrivers.com) instead of the official drivers. After installing I found that windows is has recognized the dGPU as power-saving and the eGPU as high-performance. I haven't tested whether it will get the eGPU booting internal screen software set to use the high-performance GPU yet. I'll report after testing.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

OliverB liked
ReplyQuote
елена лигова
(@elnalgva)

Yes, the high-performance card can be activated after taken steps discussed in this topic, which is the same thing being done for the Nvidia cards. No uninstalling and rebooting of the eGPU is required. Finally!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

OliverB liked
ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

@elnalgva

yes, this is the way. It has some inconvenience, but it works very reliably.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 & macOS 10.15.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Przemek Ozgo
(@przemek_ozgo)

I had exactly the same problem and solved it by a fresh install of w10 1903 .30 and disabling auto-update + bootcampdrivers red 2020. Since then it works like a charm. 

I can boot with plugged eGPU and plug it after W10 boots into the system. I'm going to keep it that way. 

2018 MacBook Pro 15" (i9-8950HK, 32GB, RP560X), Razer Core X Chroma + AMD Radeon VII, 34" DELL U3415W

ReplyQuote
 of  3