[Solved] 2014 13" MacBook Pro + Akitio Thunderbolt 2 + Rx580
on Mac OS
it was so easy disabling SIP, and installing purge wrangler everything works perfect used heaven for like 30 minutes all good and stable.
but in games it was so laggy and stuttering
it was stuck at blackscreen in booting,I booted into Mac OS installed refind and I was able to restart boot into windows with the GPU connected.
so installed the drivers all went good and after like 5 minutes freezing.
system would randomly crash with nor without load it didn't matter.
above all that the mouse was stuttering like crazy. * i got kind of fixed stuttering still happens but not as much *
so this is what I've tried so far
- DSDT override
- Installed a fresh windows 2004
- Deleted all gpu drivers with ddu from safe mode
- installing last recommended driver
- Installing beta driver
- Undervolting 15 %, Underclocking the GPU from 1411 to 1250.
- Turning off lpsm
- Turning off ulps through regedit
- Using monitors attached to intel and this the only way to avoid that crash ! it's working but for sure the FPS in games is almost half.
- Disabling hdcp * fixed mouse stutter when the monitors are connected to the egpu *
- Connecting only one screen through dvi
- Installing refined provided in another topic that was provided by Eightarmedpet.
- Used a friend psu cougar 700 wats 80+
- Used only 8 pin connector
- Used both 8 + 6 pin
- Tried both uefi modes with the switch on the gpu
- No crash logs in amd or event viewer
i did multiple things and that fixed the issue completely
- download latest intel drivers
- restart into safe mode
- disable windows update through Group Policy
- DDU all drivers Intel, AMD, Nvidia without restart
- installed intel drivers in safe mode
- i downloaded Amd driver 19.8.2 this driver is about a year old but good enough it actually had the option to let you choose if you want to install the audio drivers or not so i unticked that.
i booted into windows and the mouse stutter vanished completely it was so smooth everything was perfect.
and I've been playing and testing everything and it works very well.
i still want to try like a newer version and then uninstall the audio drivers after the install is complete , just to pin point the issue but i will leave that for later coz i'm exhausted after 4 day's of only troubleshooting.
if anyone needs anything let me know. TY
@itsage, The card is Sapphire Nitro + 8 GB, i tried that card with PC and it worked well.
i also had this same issue with an older GTX 680 back then i tried almost everything trying to fix that issue till my ssd failed due to tons of restarts over the course of 4 month. and i gave up after this point.
also weirdly enough the card works without any problems when i connect the display's to my macbook pro directly
so while i'm connecting the monitors to the macbook and EGPU is on,
i had bunch of stuff open trying to push to see if anything would happen, game running the background chrome filled with tabs, discord,
i got a BSOD so finally there's a log that i can look through and see what's going on.
i'm going to research those errors and see what i could find.
Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5ebeeeda
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5ebeeeda
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000412967
Faulting process id: 0xdd0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d66a67a6e77464
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Report Id: de90a06a-803b-4c2a-8d5a-da4974ea22b3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: