2015 MBP 15" - Asus XG-Station-PRO eGPU Build - dgpu still working??
so here is my Setup:
2015 15" MacBook Pro (MacBookPro11,5)
Processor: Quad-Core Intel Core i7 - 2,5 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
dGPU: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB
Win 10 (2004)
Big Sur 11.1
Click here for setup image
(didnt know how to insert images, maybe I dont have enough privs)
What worked / what I setup:
- Got the eGPU to work by applying DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and HackFlags 0x600 and am quite happy with it.
- Using TB2 to TB3 cable & 2m TB2 cable.
- Changed "Performance per app" settings for all my games.
- Created a new "Ultimate performance" power plan
What doesnt work & Questions:
- My dGPU is still working like crazy while I am gaming, is that normal? See image
- Asus Aura Crate doesn't work on my RX-5500-XT & my newly obtained Asus XG-Station-Pro. LEDs are just plain white, I get the error "No devices found" 🙁
- Is it normal, that mz dGPU is in PCIE Slot 16 and mz eGPU in slot 8? Click here for devices screenshot.
@itsage : hope its ok when I tag u here... U helped me before I was registered here...
If any of you with expertise or knowledge in this area could help it'd be much appreciated.
2015 15" MacBookPro11,5 | Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB | Asus XG-Station-PRO | Win 10 (2004) | MacOS Big Sur 11.1