2016 15" MBP + RX 5700 automate-eGPU DSDT override works, but my iGPU (RP450) no...

Notifications

2016 15" MBP + RX 5700 automate-eGPU DSDT override works, but my iGPU (RP450) no longer works (code 43)  

RSS

(@jonathon_derr)

Hey all,

First off, my DSDT override works. With testsigning enabled, I see no errors on my internal GPU (Radeon Pro 450) or my external GPU (Radeon RX 57000). However, when I perform a DSDT override with the same dsdt-modified.aml file that was used with testsigning with automate-EGPU, only my external GPU functions properly. This causes the cpu to focus a lot of its work on processing the Macbook's internal display if anything needs to be processed on that screen.

Device manager seems to have assigned a code 43 to my internal gpu.

Furthermore, Device manager seems to have recognized a third external display adapter which is nonexistent. It says the drivers cannot be detected for this third display and gives an error code (31)

You can see my device manager here:

RP450 - code (43)

Display Adapter - code (31)

Also I apologize if this question has already been asked. If it has, could you redirect me to where it might be solved?

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jonathon_derr Did you install modified Radeon drivers from bootcampdrivers.com? If not download the drivers from there and run DDU to remove all Radeon drivers then proceed to install the modified drivers. It’s the only way to have both Radeon Pro dGPU running alongside Radeon eGPU.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
(@jonathon_derr)

@itsage Yeah, that was my first step. I tried both the blue and red edition.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@jens_engels)

Posted by: @jonathon_derr

Hey all,

First off, my DSDT override works. With testsigning enabled, I see no errors on my internal GPU (Radeon Pro 450) or my external GPU (Radeon RX 57000). However, when I perform a DSDT override with the same dsdt-modified.aml file that was used with testsigning with automate-EGPU, only my external GPU functions properly. This causes the cpu to focus a lot of its work on processing the Macbook's internal display if anything needs to be processed on that screen.

Device manager seems to have assigned a code 43 to my internal gpu.

Furthermore, Device manager seems to have recognized a third external display adapter which is nonexistent. It says the drivers cannot be detected for this third display and gives an error code (31)

You can see my device manager here:

RP450 - code (43)

Display Adapter - code (31)

Also I apologize if this question has already been asked. If it has, could you redirect me to where it might be solved?

I have the same, windows works with my egpu rx 5700 xt, but its in test signing mode, which does not allow me to play certain games in bootcamp as they require driver enforcement or something. Is there a way i can get out of test signing mode and run my windows normally? As the only solution was clover, but that seems to have a chance of bricking my macbook pro. I allocated space with the dsdt mod, but now i need to get out of test mode without losing that space. @itsage

Late 2016 Macbook Pro + Razer Core X + AMD RX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote