[GUIDE] MacBook Pro: solving eGPU error 12 in Windows 10

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] [GUIDE] MacBook Pro: solving eGPU error 12 in Windows 10  

of  17
  RSS

shijifeng
(@shijifeng)

@simone_doria, have you seen my reply on this topic just above which I replied to osterman22 you can follow that and give it a try.

2018 MacBook Pro 13inch, Razer Core X, Vega 64

ReplyQuote
chynk
(@chynk)
Eminent Member

Bootcamp [Win10 1903 18362.295] - 2015 Macbook Pro [Genuine Apple TB2>TB3] + Razer Core X + AMD 5700xt

I managed to run eGPU-toggler and thought it would be my savior to the problems to no avail

I have read through similar builds through this forum but am still struggling

I'm always uncertain of which solutions to try as I'm using a 2015 Macbook with TB2>TB3, does that make a difference?

Hoping someone with a similar build or insight can chime in

Cheers

This post was modified 3 months ago
2015 15" MacBook Pro (R9 M370X) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Denis Estevez
(@denis_estevez)

Hi guys,

how can i get this to work on a fairly latest version of Windows (need game pass), without modifying efi or a boot loader?

have I got any chance? Don’t mind developer option in windows if necessary. As long as Mac and boot is not touched or reinstalled (with clover etc)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Denis Estevez
(@denis_estevez)

Sorry if there is info on this out there. But last things I’ve been reading are from 2017-2020 tops. Nothing new from this year for example. I’ve been reading loads of solutions and have been trying many without success 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Romeee
(@romeee)

Hello.

Please help. I can't run eGPU for almost a week.

Hardware:

• CPU Intel Core i5 (8th Gen) 1.4 GHz
  • GPU Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB
  • RAM 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
  • SSD 128 GB
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.6 

I made a bootcamp using WinToUSB via Parallels on an external SSD 500GB Samsung T5.

I have tried different versions of Windows 10 PRO:

• Win10 1903 V1 18362.30
  • Win10 1903 V1 18362.295
  • Win10 1903 V2 18362.356
  • Win10 20H2 V2

When I used Win10 1903 V1 I had a yellow exclamation near the PCI-to-PCI Bridge (error 12).

I read that V1 is great for AMD and V2 for nVidia cards, so then I tried 1903 V2 18362.356.

With version 18362.356, my graphics card already appeared among the display adapters, but with a yellow exclamation (error 12).

I always turned off automatic updates via gpedit.msc. I tried to use HackFlags 0x600.

I disabled "Broadcom Bluetooth controller Over PCIe Device" and "FaceTime HD Camera".

I tried to install nvidia drivers (still yellow exclamation), then in safe mode I did DDU.

I'm exhausted and I don't know what to do. Please help.

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Famed Member Moderator

@romeee, my go to has always been the EFI bootloader, but I believe the modified apple_set_os is a better option for T2 equiped Macs.

itsage does a great job of talking through a full installation here

It took a bit but I found a build with your model (I think) here and they actually use the EFI boot loader 

This post was modified 2 months ago

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node Lite) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Romeee
(@romeee)

@eightarmedpet, I tried both apple_set_os and EFI bootloader. When I connected the eGPU, the whole system got stuck and so I couldn't start windows.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@romeee, It's the Boot Camp volume on an external drive that complicates things. I'd recommend using a small partition of the internal drive to install Windows and the external SSD for game storage. It makes things more straight forward during eGPU setup in Boot Camp.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
JB Reyes
(@jb_reyes)

Hi guys, same here.. experienced this yesterday on latest version of Windows. I even opt to insider's build (beta), got the updates, but still nothing.

I'm using latest BigSur on MacOS, bootcamp Win 10 on MBP 2020. EGPU: Asus ROG RTX 3080 on Mantiz Saturn Pro II. Cry

ReplyQuote
Ced95
(@ced95)

Hello, Here I have a mac mini 2019 core i7 32 giga of ram with a core x chroma razer and readon sapphire radeon rx 5700 xt graphics card i installed windows in bootcamp and try several methods but still this code 12 problem So I come to help me, I find no subject in France and struggling in English what would be the best method to run egpu on windows

ReplyQuote
 of  17