Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] [GUIDE] MacBook Pro: solving eGPU error 12 in Windows 10  

of  19
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@ced95, Take a look at our build guides and find matching components to your hardware. My recommendation is to use Windows 10 1903 V1 ISO for Boot Camp.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ced95
(@ced95)

ok I will look I admit I am desperate and struggling in computer science a tutorial in French would be welcome, I know I have the right equipment

but how to avoid Windows updates

thank you very much for your help

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ced95
(@ced95)

so i installed windows 10 1903 v1 ISO for bootcamp as a result i installed bootcampdriver the latest company update and disable any windows update ... i install in safe mode DDU until normal reboot ... all know installed correctly, but I find myself with my two graphics cards in the peripherals and forced to turn off the gpu each time the black screen is restarted ... and do not start any more I have the wifi which disappears and comes back

how to avoid this and booted correctly with GPU and also Wi-Fi

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@filippo_avogaro)

Hi, 

I tried all windows 10 versions starting from 1809 (1903, 2004, 20H2) and no one worked, always error 12 and also error 12 on High Definition Audio device. I tried all the solutions proposed in probably every website included this forum without solution. Can you pleas help me?

Hardware:

Macbook Pro 16 i9 (Radeon 5500M)

Razer Core X

I specify that I used an RTX 2080 Super in the past without any issue.

Thanks for the help!

ReplyQuote
mbpegpu12
(@mbpegpu12)

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro with i9, Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB, and 64GB of RAM.

I use a Razer Core eGPU enclosure with a Radeon 5700XT inside.

My last MacBook Pro, a 2018 model, worked just fine with the BootcampDrivers versions of the AMD software. I kept Windows from updating to 1903, and everything was fine.

Then I got the 2019 model, and nothing has worked.

I tried the latest bootcamp drivers, I tried the November 2019 versions. Red and Blue. I tried HackFlags 0x600 and swapping out the pci.sys file. I tried the latest versions of Windows, even dev builds. I tried Windows 1903 v1.

Nothing. Every single time I get that Error 12 problem. I have not been able to use my eGPU with my MacBook Pro. I've updated and restarted, hot swapped and cold booted, I have tried everything to just get it to recognize this eGPU. Error 12 every time.

Are there any other options that might work? I have heard of modifying the boot efi, but anything that could risk the macOS side of things is really not something I want to consider.

MacBook Pro 2019 16-inch i9, 64GB RAM, internal Radeon RX 5700XT w/ 8GB. eGPU Razer Core with Radeon 5700XT (non-functioning).

ReplyQuote
(@hiu_wai_wong)

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. Recently, I brought an AORUS GTX 1070 GAMING BOX and try to connect to my Bootcamp Windows 1903 Macbook Pro 2019. I connect the gaming box to the MacBook Pro and the driver is automatically installed. I can found the GTX1070 under the device manager. However, it shows error code 12. I try to uninstall the driver and manually installed again also got error code 12. Is anyone also encounter the same issue? May I know how to fix it? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
tntenter
(@tntenter)

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@frank_yang)

Hi all! I am having a really hard time troubleshooting error 12 on my setup. 

I have a 2019 16in MBP with Bootcamp and latest Win10 (21H1) installed. Got a FE RTX 3080 and decided to replace my previous eGPU setup with Razer Core X and RTX 2070 Super. However when I installed RTX 3080 and hot plugged it to my MBP, installed Nvidia's RTX drivers, and then checked device manager, which showed an exclamation mark near RTX 3080, and when I checked its status, it shows error 12. Does anyone have any idea why this might be the case? 

I have tried to remove previous versions of Nvidia drivers using DDU, which didn't help at all. 

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@frank_yang, Are you using the eGPU with an external monitor? If so, you can try disabling the dGPU in Device Manager and boot the computer up with the eGPU connected.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Robin21
(@robin21)

Hi!

So for the last year, my setup was working perfectly, but all of a sudden I got the dreaded CODE 12, without any change in my system. No update was done.

Now I've tried DDU a dozen times, tried all kinds of Adrenaline blue, red versions, with no prevail. I even updated Windows but nothing. I'm on 1903, and 18362.1016 build is what I have at the moment.

There was only one instance when my secondary monitor got lit up as an indicator that the eGPU was recognized, but only for a brief few seconds, and then it just shat itself and gave code 12 for good measure afterwards.

I did the hackflag thing but that did not help either. 

The only strange thing I noticed, is that in the device manager a High Definition Audio Bus is also giving the yellow flag and the code 12. 

Tried disabling the dGPU, this audio bus...nothing helps.

I ran out of ideas. Anyone can give me any pointers?

Thanks

MBP 2016 15"
dGPURadeon 455
eGPU Vega 56 / Razer Core X housing

ReplyQuote
 of  19