Notifications
Clear all

2017 Macbook Pro 15" Error 12 w/ Vega 64 & Razer Core V2  

RSS

D3monw3st
(@d3monw3st)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Vega 64 and am looking to do internal display acceleration on my MBP. At this moment, I am receiving the Error code 12 stating not enough resources.

How can I fix this?

I am on Windows 10 Build 1909. 

I am on Windows 10 Build 1903 .30 . 

Thank you!

This topic was modified 8 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
D3monw3st
(@d3monw3st)
Eminent Member

@mac_editor

Yeah, I feared I would have to follow that. Anyway, I downgraded to the OS shown on the thread; however, every time I plug in the eGPU (hot plug) it goes black screen. If I leave the eGPU plugged in while it boots up, it'll say that it reads the Razer Core V2, but it doesn't read the GPU. Instead, it says Error code 31 no drivers are found. I tried to manually install my Vega drivers, but the AMD software says it can't find any card. What shall I do? It just appears as MSFT Video Adapter. 

Thank you.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

Posted by: @d3monw3st

If I leave the eGPU plugged in while it boots up, it'll say that it reads the Razer Core V2 , but it doesn't read the GPU. Instead, it says Error code 31 no drivers are found. I tried to manually install my Vega drivers, but the AMD software says it can't find any card. What shall I do? It just appears as MSFT Video Adapter.

This is the right state to be in. Just that instead of installing standard AMD drivers, install bootcampdrivers. Also ensure that older AMD drivers/drivers installed by Bootcamp/Apple are removed (DDU) before doing this. These setup procedures have been documented already - I suggest reviewing builds.

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote