2017 13" MBP Touchbar with Akitio Node 3 and GTX1080ti Bootcamp Only  

RSS

(@james_kelly)

Hey Guys, 

I am trying to get this setup running with the following: 

2017 13" MBP Touchbar
Akitio Node 3
GTX 1080ti

My goal is to only use bootcamp to play games on an external display. I am finding lots of guides for the late 2016 model and can't seem to find any for the 2017. Can anyone confirm if the process would be the same or point me in the right direction? I'm seeing lots of youtube videos and links to articles of folks just plugging things in and getting the drivers downloaded with no problems via bootcamp. That hasn't been my situation, lots of blue screens and "cannot install drivers" happening on my end.

Thanks!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: James Kelly

I am finding lots of guides for the late 2016 model and can't seem to find any for the 2017. Can anyone confirm if the process would be the same or point me in the right direction?

@James, there are three implementation guides for bootcamp and your Macbook already:

https://egpu.io/external-gpu-implementations-table/?table_filter ="2017 13-inch Macbook Touchbar Win "

This was easily found by going to the menubar:  How-to>User Implementation Guides and searching for your system and eGPU specs.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance

ReplyQuote