2019 MacBook Pro 16-inch i9-9880H + Razer Core X Chroma + RTX 3080 and RX 5700 X...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 MacBook Pro 16-inch i9-9880H + Razer Core X Chroma + RTX 3080 and RX 5700 XT Gaming Test and conclusion  

RSS

Larcenciel iM
(@larcenciel_im)

Specs :

Installation :

• Use Bootcamp assistant to install Windows Pro 10 1903 V1 (build 18362.30)
  • Turn off Windows Update Service

Gaming Test :

• Actual game performance was more important than other Benchmark tools, so I tried running the game without any other settings.
  • I ran GTA 5 and COD: MW with the RX 5700 XT.
  • I tried running COD: MW with RTX 3080.
  • I've setting Resolution Always 5120x1440
  • GTA5 and GTA Online with RX 5700 XT : around 30~50 FPS
  • Warzone with RX 5700 XT : around 50 ~ 80 FPS (Very variable, High Settings)
  • Warzone with RTX 3080 : around 60 ~ 100 FPS (Very variable, Graphic Max Settings, Scale 100)
  • Warzone With Desktop AMD 5900x + RTX 3080 : around 110 FPS (Downtown) ~ 130FPS (in the building) (Graphic Max Settings, Scale 100)
  • The RTX 3080 suffers more than 30% performance loss in eGPU and is very horrible.

Issue : 

• I've heard that Coffe Lake's eGPU performance is worse than Ice Lake.
  • At Ice Lake, I've seen information that there is an eGPU performance boost of over 15% to 20% with the integration of PCH into the SoC
  • and I'm going to buy the 2020 Macbook Pro 13-Inch Intel 10gen model
  • We also confirmed cases where the RTX 2080ti outperformed the RTX 3080 for both Coffe Lake and Ice Lake.

Conclusion :

• The RTX 2080 Ti, Having reported a performance loss of less than 5% at 4k resolution compared to Desktop, I would finally try the 2020 Macbook Pro 13-inch Intel 10gen Model + RTX 2080 Ti combination.
  • I think this is the best eGPU combination out there for gaming.
    As soon as the hardware is ready, I will upload build information and review its performance.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
basud
(@basud)

DON'T waste your money on the 10th gen MacBook Pro 13". I have a decked out MacBook Pro 13" 2020 i7 2.3GHz. It's worst for gaming with my Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT eGPU and Asrock Taichi RX 6800 XT.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Larcenciel iM
(@larcenciel_im)

@basud, can u check FPS ?

example GTA or warzone whatever.

I really want to know these.

basud liked
ReplyQuote
lelejack
(@lelejack)

@larcenciel_im, hi, do u have some infos about temperatures? Thanks

ReplyQuote
basud
(@basud)

@larcenciel_im, Sure thing! Anything for you!! 😍 

here is my productivity test results.

I have tested the gaming side of things. Just need time off work to compile a video review. Should getting it out by the weekend. Would that be cool?

ReplyQuote