2019 MacBook Pro 16-inch i9-9880H + Razer Core X Chroma + RTX 3080 and RX 5700 XT Gaming Test and conclusion
- 2019 MacBook Pro 16-inch i9-9880H
- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB
- 16GB Ram
- 1TB SSD
- Razer Core X Chroma
- Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95T (32:9 5120x1440)
- GIGABYTE RTX 3080
- Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ OC D6 8GB Tri-X
- Use Bootcamp assistant to install Windows Pro 10 1903 V1 (build 18362.30)
- Turn off Windows Update Service
Gaming Test :
- Actual game performance was more important than other Benchmark tools, so I tried running the game without any other settings.
- I ran GTA 5 and COD: MW with the RX 5700 XT.
- I tried running COD: MW with RTX 3080.
- I've setting Resolution Always 5120x1440
- GTA5 and GTA Online with RX 5700 XT : around 30~50 FPS
- Warzone with RX 5700 XT : around 50 ~ 80 FPS (Very variable, High Settings)
- Warzone with RTX 3080 : around 60 ~ 100 FPS (Very variable, Graphic Max Settings, Scale 100)
- Warzone With Desktop AMD 5900x + RTX 3080 : around 110 FPS (Downtown) ~ 130FPS (in the building) (Graphic Max Settings, Scale 100)
- The RTX 3080 suffers more than 30% performance loss in eGPU and is very horrible.
- I've heard that Coffe Lake's eGPU performance is worse than Ice Lake.
- At Ice Lake, I've seen information that there is an eGPU performance boost of over 15% to 20% with the integration of PCH into the SoC
- and I'm going to buy the 2020 Macbook Pro 13-Inch Intel 10gen model
- We also confirmed cases where the RTX 2080ti outperformed the RTX 3080 for both Coffe Lake and Ice Lake.
- The RTX 2080 Ti, Having reported a performance loss of less than 5% at 4k resolution compared to Desktop, I would finally try the 2020 Macbook Pro 13-inch Intel 10gen Model + RTX 2080 Ti combination.
- I think this is the best eGPU combination out there for gaming.
As soon as the hardware is ready, I will upload build information and review its performance.
@larcenciel_im, Sure thing! Anything for you!! 😍
here is my productivity test results.
I have tested the gaming side of things. Just need time off work to compile a video review. Should getting it out by the weekend. Would that be cool?