2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + GTX 1080Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win1...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + GTX 1080Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004 build 19041.264  

RSS

Jp4Real
(@jp4real)

Hi All

Just want to share my success story

Macbook Pro 2020 i5 (1038NG7) 10th Gen Ice-Lake, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD.

Razer Core X + GTX 1080Ti

MacOS is a no no because Nvidia obviously

Bootcamp with Windows 2004 build 19041.264 (Microsoft ISO)

Fully working, hotplug, cold plug, any of the 4 TB3 port.

I haven't done benchmarks yet but I can say it drivers my 34" 3440X1440 Ultrawide perfectly, GSYNC also works.

Got 100+ FPS in PUBG native res with everything on ULTRA (variable, goes down to 75 FPS in Heavy areas)

Setup :

I had a hard time at the begining, I tried to follow a few 1903 guides with no success (always Error 12) and 2004 wasn't anybetter... tried everything ! pluging external keyboard to start in clamshell mode, plug while booting windows... I figured something was going to work because when I was on the Bootscreen to select Mac or Windows, I had signal to the monitor (just blur, but still.. signal !)

So I dug and after 2 days I thought about giving up. But something else struck me. Maybe an apple software update could (??) update the firmware somehow and fix it. So i logged in MacOS, did the update to Catalina 10.5.5 and reinstalled Windows 2004 with not much hope

little did you know, I installed the bootcamp drivers in windows, rebooted, plugged the eGPU in and... BAM ! Money ! don't know what the Apple update did but it save them a return because I'm going to keep this setup now !

Thanks for reading 😀 

This topic was modified 1 month ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Eminent Member

You often need the latest OSX to get bootcamp working with latest Windows. I had to upgrade OSX just to make a windows backup media using bootcamp.

With your setup you should try enabling hardware GPU scheduling and let us know if you see any benefits.

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Jp4Real
(@jp4real)

@lwf,  I'll let you know as soon as I plug it in again (had to leave for work).

Anybody knows how to had this thread to the "builds" section of the site, I found it very helpful when I was searching and hoping I might help someone

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Eminent Member

I'm sure the admins can do it, but try editing according to the build template: https://egpu.io/forums/builds/build-template/

It might update this thread to make it a build, otherwise make a new post based on the template.

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

@jp4real, great combo, and nicew to see you have shared the most important bit of data that's usually missed in builds:

"Got 100+ FPS in PUBG native res with everything on ULTRA (variable, goes down to 75 FPS in Heavy areas)"

Thats more than I am getting on my SFFPC atm, which is super frustrating!

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Jp4Real
(@jp4real)

@eightarmedpet, Thanks ! I'll try to update in the future with a bit more benchmark details 

ReplyQuote