2020 MacBook Pro i9 16” + eGPU bootcampdrivers compatibility with RX 570

Notifications
Clear all

2020 MacBook Pro i9 16” + eGPU bootcampdrivers compatibility with RX 570  

RSS

Tryfon Theophilopoulos
(@tryfon_theophilopoulos)

Hey everyone, I’ve been using a boot camp + eGPU setup for a while with my i9 2020 16” MacBook Pro and an Akitio node + AMD Radeon RX 570 and when I originally set up my boot camp system, I used the April red gaming Radeon software from bootcampdrivers. For whatever reason, I’ve tried updating to august and October red drivers and I’m noticing that my frames cut in half almost by updating to the newer drivers. No idea why, and when I go back to the April ones it fixes itself and my frames are normal again ~120 for rocket league on high settings versus around 47 and lagging on the same settings on the newer drivers. Any input would be appreciated :/

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tryfon_theophilopoulos, Roll back to April or older drivers. Newer Radeon drivers have shown inconsistent performance with eGPU.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2018 Mac Mini [8th,4C,B] + RX Vega 56 Nano @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote