21.5" iMac 2019 Error 43 with dGPU on cold boot disabling resolution change on e...

Notifications
Clear all

21.5" iMac 2019 Error 43 with dGPU on cold boot disabling resolution change on eGPU every time - help needed!  

RSS

Craig Norman
(@craig_norman)

So I successfully got my eGPU running in Windows 10 over the weekend. However, every time I boot up from cold (using the automate-eGPU EFI method) after shutting down every night, the dGPU yellowbangs with an Error 43 and the iGPU is enabled, which results in me being unable to change resolution, especially when I'm running P3D or any other game where I need to tone down the resolution to 2k to avoid FPS crawls. The only fix I've managed was to use DDU and then reinstall the BootCampDrivers.com-supplied AMD drivers, but this is not ideal as I'd have to do it every time I shut down every night and then cold boot when I want to use the eGPU in Windows, and the only other option would be to leave everything on.

Is there a more permanent fix that'll enable me to have the dGPU and eGPU running as it should every time I cold boot?

Thanks

This topic was modified 9 months ago

21.5" iMac 2019 | Intel i5 8500 | Radeon Pro 560X dGPU | Radeon RX580 eGPU

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@craig_norman, If you don't need the Intel iGPU, there's no use for apple_set_os.efi through the automate-eGPU EFI boot loader. You can delete it from your EFI boot volume (under EFI>CLOVER>drivers64UEFI). Give that a shot and see if the dGPU would remain error-43 free after a reboot/cold boot.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // my 3rd RTX 3080 build [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Craig Norman
(@craig_norman)

@itsage, Worked like a charm!

Thank you so much for the suggestion!

21.5" iMac 2019 | Intel i5 8500 | Radeon Pro 560X dGPU | Radeon RX580 eGPU

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@craig_norman, That's great to hear. I wish Apple would sort out its firmware to let users choose whether the Intel iGPU stays activated in Windows. Some Macs like yours have unintended dGPU drivers conflicts when the iGPU is running.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // my 3rd RTX 3080 build [build link]  

ReplyQuote