MacBook Pro 15" late 2013 GT 750M - Akitio node TB3 - ASUS Rog Strix GTX 1070 un...

Notifications
Clear all

MacBook Pro 15" late 2013 GT 750M - Akitio node TB3 - ASUS Rog Strix GTX 1070 undetected  

RSS

SeVaLo
(@sevalo)

I want to make one last effort before selling my GPU and looking for an AMD based one.

So as the title suggested, I have the following setup:

The Akitio and Mac are connected via a TB3 to TB2 connector from Apple.

The issue is that the GTX 1070 stays unrecognised by Windows 10 (which was created and installed via bootcamp)

I have tried many steps, like the automate-gpu script with rEFInd and the apple_set_os.efi script and DDU.

However without success.

So I wanted to hear if there is anybody out there, who has an idea left to try to get this setup working.

And if not, what AMD based card I should buy, that would hopefully work...

Thanks!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

The only successful Windows detection mechanism so far when pairing a GT750M 15" MBP (TB2) + NVidia eGPU using a TB3 enclosure is at:

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/mbp-egpu-detection-issues/paged/3/#post-21841

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
SeVaLo
(@sevalo)

Thank you for the quick feedback.

I will try to replicate as described by user Gahbes and report back.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
João André Simões
(@joao_andre_simoes)

Hi Sevalo,

One question though, where you able to connect and get your gtx1070 showing up in Mac OS?
I would like to connect to thunderbolt 3 to 2 adaptor and have a working gtx 1070 in Mac to use rendering engines.

My computer is the same as yours.

Cheers,
Joao

ReplyQuote
Albert Johannes
(@allie_b)

Hi, guys has there been any progress with late2013 with 750m in bootcamp and macos?

I'm considering it to buy one to replace my current mid 2014 non dgpu.

I can get my egpu working relative easily and don't wont to lose my egpu 

Thanks
Albert

Macbook Pro 16 2019 i7 5300m + Sonnet TB3 Breakaway-box 350w + MSI 570 8GB + Samsung U28E590D 4K

ReplyQuote
simplekitten
(@simplekitten)
Eminent Member

i have totally no luck with windows 10 detecting my epgu with the same late 2013 15" mbp.. tried all ways except the physical ones..

ReplyQuote