Adding 2X Aorus 1080 Gamebox's to Bootcamp set up

Notifications

[Solved] Adding 2X Aorus 1080 Gamebox's to Bootcamp set up  

RSS

redmirror
(@redmirror)

I'm running one Aorus 1080 with no problems at all. The challenge has been in trying to add an identical 1080 Gamebox in Bootcamp. I have a late 2016 Macbook Pro and I have run the large memory override. The second gamebox is either not recognized at all when plugged into the top left T3 port - or on occasion has been recognized but I get error 12.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had success with this or is this simply a no go. I'm about to return the second gamebox, as I have tried everything I can find on this site, and I've run out of options.

This topic was modified 4 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@redmirror Unless you have the 2016 15″ MacBook Pro, I don’t think there’s workarounds to make two eGPUs work simultaneously in Boot Camp.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
redmirror
(@redmirror)

@itsage

Thanks - I do have the late 2016 MacBook Pro (I edited my post and tags sorry)  and I have performed the large memory override which worked fine.

This post was modified 4 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@redmirror You can try attaching the internal display to Intel iGPU then disable the AMD dGPU and its PCIe Root Controller 1901. That would free up some resource and hopefully get the second GTX 1080 eGPU going. Here’s my build guide with the 2016 15″ MacBook Pro + 2x RX 580 in Boot Camp.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
redmirror
(@redmirror)

Thanks for this, I have done most of these steps other than running DDU (recently, I did it a long time ago to get my first card working), I'm slightly worried that is going to do bad things to my current set up. I have disabled 1901 and 1905, and even tried disabling the Windows Basic Display adapter, which is the only other card that shows in device manager. I have an AMD dGPU but that doesn't show in device manager, so doesn't seem to be an issue. 

I may need to run DDU and see what happens. 

ReplyQuote