AMD Radeon rx 5700 xt and Razer Core x Chroma running in Macbook pro 15" 2017 (B...

Notifications
Clear all

AMD Radeon rx 5700 xt and Razer Core x Chroma running in Macbook pro 15" 2017 (Bootcamp)  

of  4
  RSS

Mark Marin
(@mark_marin)
Eminent Member

I chickened out thinking it would not fit and got the PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 X instead because it was smaller. I'd have preferred the Nitro+ but with error 12 it does not really matter for Windows gaming at this point anyways.

Not many Mac games push the graphics card, at least not that I have found.

2019 15" MacBook Pro, Razer Core X Chroma, PowerColor Red Devil Radeon 5700 XT

ReplyQuote
jplfaria
(@jplfaria)

@mark_marin
@florian_sturm

I was able to get this to work with my MacBook Pro mid 2018 + Razer Core X + Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT.
I followed every single instruction here in order:
https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2018-macbook-pro-rp560x-8th6ch-rx-5700-xt-32gbps-tb3-razer-core-x-macos-10-15-1-win10-waubers/#post-70092
I also had some doubts about the instructions that I experimented with and replied on that post.
Also note the set up extremely finicky and unreliable at times, and still see the Error 12 at times. On that post a I have a list of steps I follow to get it to work as reliable as possible.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ricardo Felix
(@ricardo_felix)

A little late but I just decided to upgradee by MacBook built in Radeon Pro 560x to an eGPU with red devil 5700 XT and the Razer Chroma X... My main focus is to game in bootcamp and VR...

I am aware of the website bootcampdrivers.com

My current setup is a 2019 MPB 15'' Intel i9 8core 32GB ram. It runs games well but I wanted a better experience...

Will this setup work fine for me?

Also, my external monitor is a 32" Samsung Space 60hz (I know 60hz sucks but I am ok with since I am not a intense competitive gamer)

I'd appreciate an answer thanks! Love Kiss  

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X + PowerColor Red Devil 5700 XT (Razer Chroma X)

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Honorable Member

@ricardo_felix

Swap the Red Devil for a Sapphire Nitro + if you can.

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 650) + macOS 11.1 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ricardo Felix
(@ricardo_felix)

@mini-i5, yeah sadly I got this as a bundle on eBay. Did not choose the ''red devil'' card. Not a big fan of devilsh things. But it was a good deal and I did not think it would matter a lot.... 

But yeah If would've bought the graphics card new... the ''red devil'' would've been my las option.

Sadly its what I bought so hopefully it ''just works''

This post was modified 2 months ago

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X + PowerColor Red Devil 5700 XT (Razer Chroma X)

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Honorable Member

@ricardo_felix

Gothcha. Maybe it will be okay if you set the card’s physical BIOS switch to “Silent Mode”. 

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 650) + macOS 11.1 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
aaron manee
(@aaron_manee)

@elgalo87, Hi, I'm planning to get rx5700 + razer core x on my imac 27" 5k late 2015 but my hdd is not fusion an also w/ R9 M380  , do you think it will works for new FSX2020 sim. I already got  Viotek 34" ultrawide for monitor and will feed direct from eGPU o/p.

P.S my imac bootcamp run FSX older version perfectly but not with the newest one due to not meet requirements specs. Thanks .. Cool  

This post was modified 1 month ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  4