Asus XG Station Pro + Macbook 13" 2019 (4TB ports) issues on bootcamp

Notifications
Clear all

Asus XG Station Pro + Macbook 13" 2019 (4TB ports) issues on bootcamp  

RSS

Victor Cavalcante
(@victor_cavalcante)

Hello, everyone!

I just got my Asus XG Station Pro today but unfortunately, after 4 hours trying to make it work, I could only made the Windows see the XG Station but no card is detected (although I tryed with both perfectly working gpus, GTX 960 and a GTX 1080). I can't run the update firmware tool because I got the "Error: 0x208 SDK_SERVICE_NOT_FOUND Thunderbolt(TM) service doesn't exist".

The GPU fans do not turn on and XG Station show the following message "XG Station is ready (No Graphic Cards Detected)"

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 64x Ver. 2004 on a Macbook Pro 2019 with 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I'm pretty frustrated here.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Trusted Member

I think it should come already updated to the latest firmware, I know mine did which I just got a couple weeks ago.

Does it work at all in MacOS? I don't have experience with Mac eGPU but ensure you have the latest version of MacOS which will have the latest bootcamp windows drivers for the mac hardware.

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Victor Cavalcante
(@victor_cavalcante)

I just installed the Windows 10 ver. 1803 and now the GPU fans and lights are working, but XG Station Hot Plug keeps saying that no graphic cards are detected.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Trusted Member

You shouldn't even need the hot plug tool. Make sure you are using the latest drivers from boot camp (latest MacOS). Also see if it works in MacOS because it should. If it doesn't work in MacOS you probably have a hardware issue with the XG Station.

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote