automate-egpu EFI not loading an OS on MacBook Pro 2016 Catalina

Notifications
Clear all

automate-egpu EFI not loading an OS on MacBook Pro 2016 Catalina  

RSS

davcor
(@davcor)

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get an eGPU setup to work in Windows on my MacBook Pro. The eGPU works great in macOS (except that my wifi is sometimes extremely slow when the eGPU is connected and sometimes MacOS crashes and takes me to the login screen) but doesn't work in Windows. I have Windows (To Go) installed on an external (Samsung T5) SSD and have used it without an eGPU for a long time with no issues.

I've run @goalque automate-egpu EFI script in macOS on a USB drive but when I boot to the USB drive and press 'q' to go to the menu, when I press Enter on either the 'Load mac OS' or 'Load Windows' menu items, the EFI script seems to freeze (arrow keys don't do anything) and nothing happens. After several minutes of waiting, I just shutoff the computer by holding the power button and reboot into Mac.

I've tried copying @mgear1981's 2016 15" MacBook Pro dsdt-modified.aml file as /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/WINDOWS/dsdt.aml on the USB and tried adding to the boot dict in the config.plist but neither works. config.plist can be found here: https://pastebin.com/JqcHf322

<key>MacOSVolumeUUID</key>

<string>E8F51583-04FA-45C5-A3C4-1E6E7AFD03C0</string>

I've spend many hours on these forums trying to find a solution but nothing has worked so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Also when I boot to the Windows external SSD and plug in the eGPU, I get the notorious Error 12. 

Enclosure: Razer Core X

GPU: PowerColor AMD RX5600 XT

Machine: Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2016

MacOS: Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)

Windows SSD Version: 1909

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Nenad Jokic
(@nenad_jokic)

@davcor, Did you found the solution?

I have MBP 2016 13inc, and razer core V2, Radeon RX580 and same issues as you described...

Any help would be nice!

Thanks!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote