Bootcamp crashes when USB-C peripheral is plugged in to right side - 2017 15inch...

Notifications
Clear all

Bootcamp crashes when USB-C peripheral is plugged in to right side - 2017 15inch MBP GTX1080Ti  

RSS

kizmiaz
(@kizmiaz)

Hello all,

I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my Bootcamp partition and my eGPU worked "out of the box" like a charm (no error 12 issues, just needed drivers). 

However, the second I plug any sort of usb-c peripheral (other than the power cable) to the right side of my MBP, Windows crashes. Further, booting into Windows with something plugged in on the right hand side boots windows with internal GPU. Plugging the eGPU into the right side boots windows with internal GPU as well.

In other words, I can only use 1 usb-c peripheral (in this case a usb-c to usb-a hub) along with my eGPU, both of which need to be plugged into the left hand side.

I have had no issues with this setup for several months. I have spent hours on my oculus rift which required me to use 2 x usb-c hubs on two seperate ports of my MBP to distribute the load of the sensors. The issue occurred after I had not used my eGPU for a couple months at all and tried getting it back up and running today.

I decided to install a fresh copy of windows after this became an issue and the problem persists.

I would very very much appreciate any tips/advice.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
benhoad
(@benhoad)

I have this exact problem too. I've no idea how to fix at present... <_<

late-2016 15" MacBook Pro RP460 + [email protected] (HP OMEN Accelerator) + Win10

ReplyQuote
kizmiaz
(@kizmiaz)

Posted by: benhoad

I have this exact problem too. I've no idea how to fix at present... <_<

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you on Sierra (not High Sierra) by any chance?

The reason I ask is because I read that newer MBP firmware comes bundled with High Sierra and I haven't upgraded yet.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@shivam_sinha)

Hey! I'm facing the same issue, expect, it seems like I can't even connect a single USB-C peripheral. Meaning the only wires I can have connected to my MBP 15" 2016 is the TB3 wire from the eGPU and perhaps the power cable.

Have you found any solution/workaround for this since you made the post? I make any of this work if I can't even get my keyboard and mouse to work 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@dawson_grunzweig)

I have similar issues. I use rEFInd bootloader but I have not had any issues until I got a samsung t5 ssd (usb c not thunderbolt 3), and when I plug it in preboot my computer will not boot with eGPU (Aorus 1070). But if I plug in the SSD after I have logged in and the eGPU is working, I do not have a problem. But if I unplug it I crash.

ReplyQuote