Bootcamped Macbook pro 16 inch (HIGHEST SPECS POSSIBLE) + EGPU razer core x chro...

Notifications
Clear all

Bootcamped Macbook pro 16 inch (HIGHEST SPECS POSSIBLE) + EGPU razer core x chroma + RTX 2080 SUPER ( LOW FPS IN COD WARZONE )  

of  3
  RSS

Arizor
(@arizor)
Eminent Member

Yep double check you’ve got a 40gbps cable, other than that sounds like a driver issue.

2019 16-inch MacBook Pro Retina (2.3ghz Intel i9) // Radeon 5500M (8GB).
MacOS Catalina // Bootcamp Win10 1903 (18362.230).
Razer Core X // Vega 64 // 2m Active Thunderbolt cable.

ReplyQuote
tidelito
(@tidelito)

@mini-i5, Hm i am using the thunder bolt 3 cable that came with the racer x chroma. 
Is it possible to check it in windows?

btw did a full DDU and re installed all the drivers but still same thing. I also tried to switch the chroma to 3 other ports put also the same

Yeah tried to do a full uninstall of drivers with DDU and re install new ones but still the same thing :/

@mini-i5, Talked with racer support and they said the cable that was with is 10gpbs , 

you think it could be a problem? or is it enough ? will it make a huge difference to switch ?

Razer Core X Chroma + RTX 2080 super + Macbook pro 16 inch (FULL SPECS 64 gb ram etc) + vg 248 (144hz) screen

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Reputable Member

@tidelito

Hmmm, that sounds like Razer support didn't understand the question...

Yes, you do want to confirm you have a 40Gb/s TB3 cable connecting your Mac to the Chroma. 

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / Dual LG 27" 4K displays

ReplyQuote
Arizor
(@arizor)
Eminent Member

40GBs makes a huge difference. It might not address the issue, but it's what you should have regardless.

2019 16-inch MacBook Pro Retina (2.3ghz Intel i9) // Radeon 5500M (8GB).
MacOS Catalina // Bootcamp Win10 1903 (18362.230).
Razer Core X // Vega 64 // 2m Active Thunderbolt cable.

ReplyQuote
eGangsterProcessingUnit
(@egangsterprocessingunit)
Eminent Member

@tidelito

The cable that comes with the razer core x is sufficient enough. I get around 90 FPS at maxed settings with ray tracing using my 2070 super. You should try using DDU to uninstall all AMD drivers so that your computer is only utilising your eGPU and its Nvidia drivers at all times. I have played warzone whilst having latest Nvidia drivers along with AMD drivers and have found out that having AMD drivers installed have caused the significant drops in FPS.

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
tidelito
(@tidelito)

@egangsterprocessingunit, Hows your Fps in the city ? still good ? 

Okok! will try this!, Thank you.

Is there any vga setting you installed or something else or only the nvidia drivers after ddu

Razer Core X Chroma + RTX 2080 super + Macbook pro 16 inch (FULL SPECS 64 gb ram etc) + vg 248 (144hz) screen

ReplyQuote
eGangsterProcessingUnit
(@egangsterprocessingunit)
Eminent Member

@tidelito

Nope. I installed only the Nvidia drivers. I also installed MSI Afterburner because sometimes that helps get the eGPU to be recognised. 

I don't play Warzone so much so I don't know what my FPS is like in the city. Only downloaded it to test the FPS Smile

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Dozeball
(@dozeball)

You are, unfortunately, suffering from the constraints of Thunderbolt 3., even if you have a certified 40Gb Thunderbolt 3 cable...Native PCIe (in a desktop tower), runs at somewhere in the vicinity of 115-120Gb/sec....Thunderbolt 3, in ideal conditions, is 40Gb/sec, so there is a significant lag where the computer has done everything, but is still waiting for the eGPU to be ready to receive the new information, hence the delay.

For example, In my WORK setup, I have a 2018 Macbook Pro 15 inch with 32 GB RAM, running Bootcamp build 2004 with the pci.sys fix, and a Razer Core X, connected to my Macbook Pro with Apple's TB3 0.8m Thunderbolt 3 cable, with an Asus Rog Strix 1080TI OC connected to a [email protected] ultrawide display, and If I hit 60fps in Assassins Creed Odyssey I down a shot in cheer, mostly I'm stuck to between 40-55 fps with Nvidia Power Managment on Full, Windows 10 Power on High Performance, no Vsync, everything graphical on medium, and neither my CPU or GPU exceeds 75% usage, and my CPU (i7-8850H) does NOT reach above 95, so no thermal throttling.

Similar for CONTROL, Division 2 (Even in DirectX 11)....STRANGELY, only DOOM Eternal and Destiny 2 will perform to spec....I get well over my monitor's refresh rate in those titles, even if I set every possible graphics option to the maximum. 

For now, I'd personally advise anyone interested in using their laptop and an eGPU NOT to consider it, because the technology is too new/limited, the overhead is too high, and the compatibility is too restricted.

2018 MacBook Pro 15-inch: i7 2.6GHz, 32GB RAM - Razer Core X - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2070 Super - Asus PG279QE 27 inch 165Hz display - External 1TB WD Blue 2.5'' SSD USB-C to USB-C connection

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Reputable Member

@dozeball

Nah, the commonly experienced low fps issue in Warzone plaguing many gamers is due to less-than-optimal coding on the part of the game developer. 

https://support.activision.com/community/s/question/0D54P00007D8AFoSAN/low-fps-on-warzone.  

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / Dual LG 27" 4K displays

ReplyQuote
Welucas
(@welucas)

@mini-i5, any of you figured out the fps issue with rtx 2070?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  3