Constant BSOD with Windows 1903, MacBook Pro 16"

Notifications
Clear all

Constant BSOD with Windows 1903, MacBook Pro 16"  

of  2
  RSS

Zheng Tang
(@zheng_tang)

@freshpots,@mac_editor, Yes, NVRAM and SMC reset can solve this issue. There is not any BSOD after two days test. The detail is under the following.

1. reset NVRAM and SMC.

2. install windows through Bootcamp(PS:sometimes I got another BSOD, The error is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL",it happens when I try to connect the internet through wifi during the windows install procedure and daily use. This issue for me maybe because of the Bluetooth driver: Broadcom Serial Bus Driver over UART Bus Enumerator. When I banned this driver. it solved. )

3.use DDU to uninstall AMD drivers and reboot.

4. Download the AMD driver from the official website.

5. hot-Plug the eGPU and install the NVIDIA driver.

6. baned the Windows update through the servers.

7. limit the CPU Maximum processor state to 95% in power plan (this step is to ban the CPU Turbo, The I9-9880h CPU is too strong for my MacBook, it's hard to control the temperature, especially in Windows. Because Windows os will frequently turbo the CPU. sometimes will cause the OS death)

macbook pro 15 I9-9980h 16g + Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti and Razer Core X Chroma

jangoloti liked
ReplyQuote
Francisco Ugalde
(@francisco_ugalde)

Hi @freshpots and to everyone.

I come to here again, because i was making a research about the same problem with macOS Boot Camp, when trying to install Windows for playing some games, i stumbled a few months ago with this post and curiously describes the same problem that i had been dealing with too.

So after about 3 or 4 times of formatting and reinstalling Windows 10 with / without Boot Camp assistant, the problem was still there, every two weeks, the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA appeared again.

But, the good news is that I have found the solution to the problem and thanks to macOs Big Sur because just after update to latest macOS version, the problem started to appears again and my first impression is that the update for some reason, changed some in my configuration so i noticed that this problem is related with the "csrutil", because for some reason when the csrutil is enabled it seems that set the SSD/HD in read only mode or something similar that makes that Windows can't work normally, so the solution is to disable the "csrutil". To do that, follow this link instructions -> https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/disabling_and_enabling_system_integrity_protection

Currently i've installed my windows without boot camp assistant but with the boot camp drivers in order to be able to use all macbook devices (ssd, display, trackpad, keyboard, touch bar, etc). And this solution is working for me.

For some reason, about two weeks ago was the last time i've installed windows 10 again, and recently about 2 or 3 days, the problem appeared again, so i decided to restart my macbook again in recovery mode, and check if "csrutil" was enabled for some reason, but even when i run the command csrutil status and the output indicates that is disabled, then when i restart my macbook, the problem still there, so i restarted again in recovery mode again, and open the terminal and forced run again "csrutil disable" even when the status says that is currently disabled, and that's it, now windows started normally again.

So in conclusion:

1. For using windows 10 in boot camp in a macbook we need to disable csrutil.

2. About every two weeks, maybe the problem will appear again, so restart your macbook in recovery mode, open terminal and run again "csrutil disable" and restart again your macbook and try to boot in Windows again to see what happens.

3. Maybe after csrutil is disabled, will require restarting multiple times your macbook in macOS before boot in windows again, this is optional but i want to mention this in order to be patient and avoid getting frustrated.

So that's all folks.. let me know if this solution works for you. 

My best regards,

Francisco

Playing games since 1996, Software Developer and occasional gamer in a Macbook Pro 16" Core i9 16GB 1T SSD AMD Radeon PRO 5500M 4GB

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
shijifeng
(@shijifeng)

@francisco_ugalde, for me, BSOD happens when the eGPU driver is poorly installed.

Like driver is not from bootcampdrivers, installing timing is not right etc.

2018 MacBook Pro 13inch, Razer Core X, Vega 64

ReplyQuote
Gmail Gmail
(@gmail_gmail)

Did you update the Bootcamp Software. Apple issued an update about a week ago. Had similar issues that seemed to have been fixed. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Francisco Ugalde
(@francisco_ugalde)

@shijifeng, Hi buddy,

Yes, the BSOD can appear when there are problems with some device, recently in my case, I get again the BSDO screen but in this case, I’ve noticed that the problem was with my Bluetooth keyboard, I turned off, turned on my MacBook, and once windows is loaded, I turned on my keyboard again.

So, maybe we need this post as a help guide because all this methods I’ve described above, are working for me..

Regards!!

Francisco Ugalde  

This post was modified 1 month ago

Playing games since 1996, Software Developer and occasional gamer in a Macbook Pro 16" Core i9 16GB 1T SSD AMD Radeon PRO 5500M 4GB

ReplyQuote
Francisco Ugalde
(@francisco_ugalde)

@gmail_gmail, Hi Buddy,

Currently I didn’t received any update for boot camp software but now that you mentioned, I will check manually if there are some update and will keep it with the lastest version. 

Thank you keeping me posted about that..

Regards!

Francisco Ugalde 

This post was modified 1 month ago

ReplyQuote
 of  2