Help: EGPU Setup by Early MBP 2015 13-inch Retina + Geforce RTX 2060 Windforce O...

Notifications
Clear all

Help: EGPU Setup by Early MBP 2015 13-inch Retina + Geforce RTX 2060 Windforce OC 6G & Razer Core X  

RSS

stechzi
(@stechzi)

Hi, I've been trying to install my egpu since yesterday... the Device Manager has problems installing the drivers and the "Timeout" message appears.

Actually I thought the installation would be easier, I had followed the steps of "9to5mac". I don't know if video-links are allowed but the name of the video is: "2018 MacBook Air Windows 10 RTX 2080 eGPU gaming setup!".

I had also ignored the fact that I use a RTX2060 as well as Thunderbolt 2 to 3 Adapters. I didn't think anything special about it until I had problems with using the egpu at all yesterday. now I have looked through different forums and there are too many different solutions that you easily lose the overview and do not know where to start. why I am looking for help here..

the actual plan was to use the egpu for both: mac and Windows(bootcamp). simple plug-and-play *haha* at the moment it looks like this in bootcamp: my Windows updates are all up-to-date, so Windows 1909.. all Bootcamp Installer Drivers are all installed.." as soon as I try to install the current nvidia (egpu) driver manually, the message "the driver is not compact for this Windows version (1909?) appears" and gives me a timeout again.. my egpu itself is running, the fans are all Spinning 

my egpu itself, so razer core x and graphics card run, the fans also go on as soon as I connect them to my macbook..

so what should I do now? is there a suitable guide or problem solution? or did I just buy the wrong graphic card

thank you in advance for every answer! Greetings from Germany

Here is my Setup:

MacBook Pro 13-inch Retina Early 2015

Intel Core i5-5257U @ 2.70GHz

Intel Iris Graphics 6100

Razer Core X + Geforce RTX2060 Windforce OC 6G

This topic was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote