ERROR 12 between Egpu and its Hd "Audio Device" on TB2 Imac.
Disclaimer 1: I spent one week trying to fix this build and create this discussion. I love you all for the work you do here.
Disclaimer 2: Excuse me for my english, I'm ignorant.
I followed @itsage guide on the same Mac. I copy here the steps:
- Install Windows 10 ISO through Bootcamp Assistant [in macOS] + instal the correct OS build .295
- Install DDU to remove all default graphics drivers and disable Windows automated driver installation [in Windows]
- Create a 24MB FAT partition in Disk Utility and copy @goalque's automate-eGPU EFI onto it [in macOS]
- Copy the 2015 21" iMac dsdt-modified.aml file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/WINDOWS/dsdt.aml inside the EFI partition [in macOS] (I Do Have the Large memory in Device Manager)
- Hold OPTION at boot to select EFI drive and hit Q to access automate-eGPU EFI [boot selection]
- Install Intel iGPU drivers for the integrated graphics card then restart [in Windows]
- Shut iMac down then connect eGPU to Thunderbolt port closest to Ethernet port [system OFF]
- Boot into Windows via automate-eGPU EFI [boot selection]
- Confirm a new Microsoft Basic Display Adapter in Device Manager then install Radeon drivers [in Windows]
- Radeon software fives error 207 so IT'S NOT INSTALLED.
There is still Error 12. I was not understanding why. Now I've found the "problem":
2) This make a sense I think, because I'm not using HDMI cable and seems like it's too much for a TB3 to TB2 adapter to drive all the system ( graphics and hd sound) (??? NOT SURE ABOUT THAT)
3) At this poit, I thought: "I don't care about the HD audio from the eGPU, I just want to play Fortnite at really good fps, i will disable the HD Audio Device from egpu all the time i will boot or reboot my mac."
4)When I EXCERETE (with "disable" doesn't work) this HD Audio Device (I repeat: it's the audio from the enclosure) the Egpu stops having error 12, but if I right click on it in Device Manager-Properties it tell "No drivers Installed"- I mean, how is it possible? if no drivers are installed, I see it "Defaul Microsoft Graphic Card".
5) So I thought "this is a bug" and I thought the egpu was working, I tried to play but no Improvement on FPS. I'm still not sure if my egpu is working.
6) I tried also to install just graphic drivers from the packages and not audio drivers. Tried official drivers, tried bootcamp drivers, A lot of version. This doesn't change the final result.
7) In this situation, I also cant Install the AMD software, it says (summing up) " No drivers installed"
8) This is a circle I can't coming out from at the moment. When I try to update just the Graphic drivers after having excreted the HD audio device, the installation works and asks me to reboot. When I reboot, HD audio device is again in the device, Error 12 again, drivers installation for just the graphics seems to fail, and I am at the start poi again.
I'm searching solution for fixing completely this situation or it's ok also to let work the graphic card disabling the Audio Device.
I will bee forever gratefull if you can help me!
Thanks a lot from Bologna, Italy.