Error 12 on 16" MacBook Pro [i9, 5500M] + Razer Core X + RX580
Hey-o! We've got pretty much the same setup and mine is working consistently now, check out: https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/macbook-pro-16-windows-egpu-error-12-fix/paged/2/#post-71932 for more info!
I've commented on a few threads but thought it would be best to start a new thread.
My last attempt went as follows:
- Install Windows 10 Pro 1903 V1 (18362.30) + Activated
- Install Boot Camp drivers
- Install .295 update
- Reboot into Safe Mode and run DDU to remove AMD drivers
- Shutdown, Plug-in Core X (front-left port), Turn on
- Install BCD drivers (Adrenalin November 2019 edition)
- Reboot (keeping Core X plugged in)
I only had power and the eGPU connected, no external devices (maybe some BT devices, unsure).
Previously I have also attempted to disable tb3 controllers, disable the 5500M, use automate efi boot usb, all to no avail.
Any help/insight/ideas would be appreciated!
hey man, did you get this to work?
i’ve tried the v1 of windows 10 and the 2004, none of them worked, now its on the latest windows 10 with the EFI boot hack, still getting error 12.
any help would be much appreciated 🙏🏽
Yes, AMD cards are plug-and-play running under Mac OS Catalina.