Notifications
Clear all

Error 12 on 16" MacBook Pro [i9, 5500M] + Razer Core X + RX580  

of  3
  RSS

Pepe Sapiens
(@pepe_sapiens)

@acantril

Hey-o! We've got pretty much the same setup and mine is working consistently now, check out: https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/macbook-pro-16-windows-egpu-error-12-fix/paged/2/#post-71932 for more info!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
acantril
(@acantril)
Eminent Member

@pepe_sapiens

Using the pci-sys and the apple_set_os thing and the left right dance?

2019 MacBook Pro 16" / i9-9880HK / 32GB / 5500M 8GB
Razer Core X Chroma / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote
Welucas
(@welucas)

Posted by: @haoshiro

I've commented on a few threads but thought it would be best to start a new thread.

I have so far been unsuccessful getting my Core X + 580 moved over from my Mid-2015 MBP due to Error 12.

My last attempt went as follows:

• Install Windows 10 Pro 1903 V1 (18362.30) + Activated
  • Install Boot Camp drivers
  • Install .295 update
  • Reboot into Safe Mode and run DDU to remove AMD drivers
  • Shutdown, Plug-in Core X (front-left port), Turn on
  • Install BCD drivers (Adrenalin November 2019 edition)
  • Reboot (keeping Core X plugged in)

I only had power and the eGPU connected, no external devices (maybe some BT devices, unsure).

Device Manager
Properties General
Properties Driver

Previously I have also attempted to disable tb3 controllers, disable the 5500M, use automate efi boot usb, all to no avail.

Any help/insight/ideas would be appreciated!

hey man, did you get this to work?

i’m on a very similar setup, 7 days later with heaps o research and I couldn’t run the rx 590!! nearly getting a rtx 2070 and hoping it will work.

MBP 16” + razer x + xfx rx 590 + external monitor.

i’ve tried the v1 of windows 10 and the 2004, none of them worked, now its on the latest windows 10 with the EFI boot hack, still getting error 12.

any help would be much appreciated 🙏🏽

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
benvp
(@benvp)

At least for me, I never got it to work with any AMD card on the 16 inch mbp. I switched to a RTX 2080 Super and its working flawlessly since. 

ReplyQuote
Mylaguna
(@mylaguna)

Folks, can I run a an eGPU on a 2020 16” MacBook Pro having the AMD 5600 on IOS, as I need to speed up Safari?

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Honorable Member

@mylaguna

Yes, AMD cards are plug-and-play running under Mac OS Catalina. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX 5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / Dual LG 27" 4K displays

ReplyQuote
 of  3