ERROR 173? RAZER CORE X PREPPING... AMD Radeon Bootcamp Drivers + Windows 1903 V...

Notifications
Clear all

ERROR 173? RAZER CORE X PREPPING... AMD Radeon Bootcamp Drivers + Windows 1903 V1 Macbook Pro 2019.  

RSS

SudeepStacks
(@sudeepstacks)
Eminent Member

Tryna get an MSI RX 5700 XT hotplugging with a 2019 Macbook Pro 13" 

Whats up again guys. Got some Good new, Found a reliable link to the 1903 V1 Windows 10, and successfully installed it with Bootcamp Assistant.

win

Installed the Apple drivers. Even decided to go on ahead and run DDU on it. The last step came with installing new AMD Drivers. Of course I chose Bootcampdriver.com for my RX 5700 XT and chose the first option "Adrenalin April 2020 (Best FPS in Games). And tried to install it after running DDU
CAME ACROSS THIS ERROR

{05604588 25B5 4015 BDAD 7C8F5BED8803}.png
{278B10B9 42C8 45C1 9DF9 D7ACFADC5F0C}.png

I'm guessing this is as far as I can prep for my Razer Core X Chroma, which is coming in 3 Days... Got the MSI RX 5700 XT waiting in the box already. Once the encasing comes in, I'll definitely try hotplugging the eGPU right after windows loads up. However, according to @itsage He said to make sure the drivers were up and running well before even plugging it in... That's my only concern. But the error for this states that I need the eGPU plugged in for the drivers to install! Seems like a double whammy. @itsage also mentioned how he didn't even run DDU or Bootcamp drivers for her RX 5700 XT + 2019 MacBook Pro 13" build, and simply hotplugged after loading Windows and it fully worked by itself. Honestly, the more I think about it the more confused I get. @itsage @eightarmedpit What do you think? Am I over prepping for this delivery? Or should I just see what happens after it comes in and after I try hotplugging it... 

2019 MacBook Pro 13"
Razer Core X Chroma
MSI Mech OC AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@sudeepstacks, You're over prepping. Each host laptop/computer behaves different depending on the eGPU so the setup procedures can differ significantly. I personally have the 2019 13-in MacBook Pro that runs Win10 1903 (18362.295). You can either leave Windows alone, hot-plug the RX 5700 XT eGPU and the systems will go through the auto-detect and install of graphics drivers. The better option and one I'd recommend is to run DDU to make sure you disable Windows auto-detect and install of new devices. You can then hot-plug the RX 5700 XT eGPU and install the drivers from AMD website.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
SudeepStacks
(@sudeepstacks)
Eminent Member

@itsage, Yoo, Im humbled bro thank you. Ill let you know how it goes once I run it.

how do i get .295? i have .30

2019 MacBook Pro 13"
Razer Core X Chroma

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@sudeepstacks, Win10 1903 OS version 18362.30 works just as well. If you want to run the .295 update, manually download and intall August 13, 2019—KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) which can be found in Microsoft Update Catalog. Make sure to disable Windows Updates after that. Once done, relax and wait for your eGPU equipment to arrive.

Hot-plug the RX 5700 XT eGPU in Windows Desktop should allow detection then you can install Radeon drivers. If the Radeon Installer asks to restart after driver installation, you should ignore it. Shut the laptop down, disconnect the eGPU before booting it back into Windows then proceed with hot-plugging the eGPU in Windows Desktop. 

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
SudeepStacks
(@sudeepstacks)
Eminent Member

@itsage, Please disregard the previous reply^ clearly didn't listen to you. HOWEVER, I have done exactly what you said.
First, I installed windows 1903 (18362.30) From https://windowstan.com/win/windows-10-iso-v1903/
It is a UK/US International version, best ISO I could find. I then updated Apple Bootcamp after the windows installation. Restarted. Went to the Microsoft update catalog and successfully updated to 1903 (18362.295) . Restarted. THEN I PRAYED. Hot Plugged my EGPU (once again it is the Razer Core X Chroma with an MSI Mech OC AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT) . annddd… I got this....

{C5DA7B40 B4F5 4D7C 82BD 1468F1A5933B}.png

This was the exact same error I came across after running DDU and AMD Drivers in 1903 (18362.30) before this. Before that I tried the newest Windows Insider 2004 (fast) then DDU then AMD Drivers which got me the closest... error 12 lol. I'm beyond stuck right now and have no idea what to do. Just wanna game on my windows bootcamp man... 
@itsage , if you have any idea what to do, please save my soul. 

okay, so I've ran DDU for intel AND amd, and it actually worked... The egpu got hotplugged with no error, and I even installed the latest AMD drivers successfully all the way until the end... AND THEN IT GAVE ME ERROR 43! I just can't win man. Still on .295 btw

my bad for the spam bro. But a simple port dance got everything working actually this time. But now my reccomended screen size is at 250% and all my games are running at like 10 FPS... Pretty sure it has to do with screen size. This is so ironically counter intuitive. Nothings running good at all. 

2019 MacBook Pro 13"
Razer Core X Chroma

ReplyQuote
SudeepStacks
(@sudeepstacks)
Eminent Member

@itsage , is there anything else I can do?

2019 MacBook Pro 13"
Razer Core X Chroma

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@sudeepstacks, Run DDU and try an older version of Radeon Software. I'd recommend version 20.1.3 or 20.2.2.

ReplyQuote
SudeepStacks
(@sudeepstacks)
Eminent Member

Got my Razer X u working perfectly with windows 1905 bootcamp. Just got an Acer 24" 1080P 144hz Gaming monitor and plugged it directly into the Display port of My Rx 5700 Xt
The Display isnt being shown on my monitor and I don't know why. Please Help. 

@itsage , any ideas? Got windows 1903 working on it but when I hotplug the egpu when windows loads now, AMD graphics don’t enable and the mouse lags...

Should I just run DDU and install new AMD drivers?

2019 MacBook Pro 13"
Razer Core X Chroma

ReplyQuote