Notifications
Clear all

Error 207 with macbook pro 2020 13" i5 10th generation  

of  2
  RSS

Raul Fernandez
(@raul_fernandez)

Hello friends,

I have currently purchased a MacBook Pro 2020 13" with i5 of 10th generation and I have an AMD RX 480 egpu but it has been made impossible for me to connect it to Windows because I get error 207 when I try to install AMD drivers. I have done everything, I uninstalled the drivers with the DDU tool, I downloaded the drivers from bootcampdrivers, I installed versions 1903, 2004 and 20h2 of windows 10... I've put the egpu on both sides of the computer (right and left) I've literally done it all and I haven't been able to get it.

Has anyone here gone through the same process that can help me?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
sdedalus1
(@sdedalus1)
Trusted Member

@raul_fernandez, I recommend you find a successful build guide in the Builds section that most closely matches your hardware and then follow each step carefully. If you do it correctly, it should work. I recommend starting with ITSage's guide or Andygev35's guide. But there are a number of other builds you can look at.

2018 Mac Mini [8th,4C,B] + RX 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 1903 // Win10 on external SSD [build link]

2014 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.13.6 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Raul Fernandez
(@raul_fernandez)

Posted by: @sdedalus1

@raul_fernandez, I recommend you find a successful build guide in the Builds section that most closely matches your hardware and then follow each step carefully. If you do it correctly, it should work. I recommend starting with ITSage's guide or Andygev35's guide. But there are a number of other builds you can look at.

Thanks for your prompt answer, buddy. I have a question for you: do you think hardware plays a fundamental role in this?

I asked you the question because last week I had a MacBook Pro 2017 13" non-touch bar and with that equipment  everything worked for me to perfection, I bought this new computer with better specs to play but I couldn't use it to play

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
sdedalus1
(@sdedalus1)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @raul_fernandez

Thanks for your prompt answer, buddy. I have a question for you: do you think hardware plays a fundamental role in this?

I asked you the question because last week I had a MacBook Pro 2017 13" non-touch bar and with that equipment  everything worked for me to perfection, I bought this new computer with better specs to play but I couldn't use it to play

Yes, each hardware combination can require different solutions. I see you have been taking advice in other threads from many people with different hardware than you and throwing random combinations together. Just follow a guide from someone with the same hardware.

2018 Mac Mini [8th,4C,B] + RX 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 1903 // Win10 on external SSD [build link]

2014 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.13.6 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Raul Fernandez
(@raul_fernandez)

Yes, each hardware combination can require different solutions. I see you have been taking advice in other threads from many people with different hardware than you and throwing random combinations together. Just follow a guide from someone with the same hardware.

I understand. To all this I have a question: the hardware must match the card or the card box, I have the eGFX BREAKWAY BOX with Radeon RX 480. MacBook Pro 2020 13" i5 10th gen 16gb ram

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

Windows 10 903 V1 (18362.30) is the only version that would work with the 2020 Ice Lake MacBook Pro when used with Radeon eGPU. Follow the setup instructions in Andygev35's guide.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2018 Mac Mini [8th,4C,B] + RX Vega 56 Nano @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + macOS 12.0 & Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Raul Fernandez
(@raul_fernandez)

Posted by: @itsage

Windows 10 903 V1 (18362.30) is the only version that would work with the 2020 Ice Lake MacBook Pro when used with Radeon eGPU. Follow the setup instructions in Andygev35's guide.

I tried to follow in his footsteps but in step #11 he says to disable the "3" PCI EXPRESS ports but my computer has 4, I disable the 4 ports and in step #18 he says to connect the egpu on the next port to the "tab" key, says that some bells will ring but it is not my case. Which of the 4 ports corresponds to that port on my computer. Remember that my computer has 4 ports

ReplyQuote
shijifeng
(@shijifeng)

@raul_fernandez,

Make sure your windows 10 version should be 1903 18362.295, I assume you have DDU cleaned and installed the graphics card driver from bootcampdrivers, it doesn't matter it shows error207, actually almost everyone does.

1.Make sure you can enter windows when you disconnect eGPU

2.Shutdown MacBook Pro

3.Connect eGPU and boot up MacBook Pro. Immediately hold the option key to enter the system selection interface

4.Wait 5 seconds or so, disconnect eGPU

5.Select windows system, press enter, and connect eGPU after the windows logo appears before circle spinning

6.If you successfully enter the desktop, you would see that the yellow triangle in the device manager should be gone

7.It may be stuck or crashed after entering the system for the first time. Restart the computer once without eGPU, and use these magic tricks for the second restart.

8.If it is not successful, the timing of connecting eGPU may be wrong, try again

2018 MacBook Pro 13inch, Razer Core X, Vega 64

ReplyQuote
sdedalus1
(@sdedalus1)
Trusted Member

I tried to follow in his footsteps but in step #11 he says to disable the "3" PCI EXPRESS ports but my computer has 4, I disable the 4 ports and in step #18 he says to connect the egpu on the next port to the "tab" key, says that some bells will ring but it is not my case. Which of the 4 ports corresponds to that port on my computer. Remember that my computer has 4 ports

Step #11 says "disable the bottom three PCI Express Root Ports." The top Root Port listed in Device Manager is for the physical port nearest the Tab key and stays enabled. If it says to disable 3 ports, then disable 3 ports, not 4 ports.

You can see which Root Ports listed in Device Manager map to the physical ports of the MBP by looking at the illustration in itsage's guide.

ReplyQuote
Raul Fernandez
(@raul_fernandez)

Step #11 says "disable the bottom three PCI Express Root Ports." The top Root Port listed in Device Manager is for the physical port nearest the Tab key and stays enabled. If it says to disable 3 ports, then disable 3 ports, not 4 ports.

You can see which Root Ports listed in Device Manager map to the physical ports of the MBP by looking at the illustration in itsage's guide.

it worked!!!! I was definitely misunderstood. Thanks for helping me, brother. I don't know how to pay you, you're my hero!!!

ReplyQuote
 of  2