Error 207 with macbook pro 2020 13" i5 10th generation  

of  2
  RSS

Raul Fernandez
(@raul_fernandez)

Posted by: @sdedalus1
Posted by: @raul_fernandez
Posted by: @itsage

Windows 10 903 V1 (18362.30) is the only version that would work with the 2020 Ice Lake MacBook Pro when used with Radeon eGPU. Follow the setup instructions in Andygev35's guide.

I tried to follow in his footsteps but in step #11 he says to disable the "3" PCI EXPRESS ports but my computer has 4, I disable the 4 ports and in step #18 he says to connect the egpu on the next port to the "tab" key, says that some bells will ring but it is not my case. Which of the 4 ports corresponds to that port on my computer. Remember that my computer has 4 ports

Step #11 says "disable the bottom three PCI Express Root Ports." The top Root Port listed in Device Manager is for the physical port nearest the Tab key and stays enabled. If it says to disable 3 ports, then disable 3 ports, not 4 ports.

You can see which Root Ports listed in Device Manager map to the physical ports of the MBP by looking at the illustration in itsage's guide.

Can I enable everything that desabilites?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
sdedalus1
(@sdedalus1)
Trusted Member

@raul_fernandez, Yes, after the GPU is installed with no problems you should be able to re-enable everything.

2018 Mac Mini [8th,4C,B] + RX 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 1903 // Win10 on external SSD [build link]

2014 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.13.6 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Raul Fernandez
(@raul_fernandez)

Posted by: @sdedalus1

@raul_fernandez, Yes, after the GPU is installed with no problems you should be able to re-enable everything.

you think I can upgrade to MacOS Big Sur?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Raul Fernandez
(@raul_fernandez)

Hello friends, 6 months later I review this post. 

I tell you that since I did these steps even my MacBook Pro is still running Windows 10 + eGPU but I also tell you that I have not updated my windows at all, I have not turned on the automatic updates but that has not been a problem, my unknown is if my MBP will be compatible with Windows 11

ReplyQuote
 of  2