Help - Razer Core X, AMD RX 580, 13' Late 2017 non touch bar Macbook Pro

Notifications
Clear all

Help - Razer Core X, AMD RX 580, 13' Late 2017 non touch bar Macbook Pro  

RSS

(@kishan_mistry)

Hi all, First i would like to thank this community for all the work done in helping to get EGPU's to run on windows on bootcamp macs.  Its impressive and i thank you.  I have spent the last two days trying to get my set up to work which no luck.  I reinstalled a fresh version of windows via bootcamp to version 1903 OS Build 18362.356.  I followed the the bootcamp drivers instructions to a T, but still end up with error 207 and yellow banger.  I can not get past this point.  Does anyone have any tips or suggestions in getting past this error or fixing it.  I am not trying to play any hardcore games, but just use the EGPU to set up 3 external monitors so i can work from home during these crazy times which we currently are living through.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I have attached pictures of my errors below

thank you

image (2)
image (1)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

There are 28 bootcamp 2017 13-inch MacBook builds with AMD TB3 eGPUs available to help you along:

https://egpu.io/best-external-graphics-card-builds/?table_filter ="2017 13-inch MacBook Pro AMD Win"

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@kishan_mistry)

@nando4, Thanks Nando4,  None of them worked.  I tried the code 12 fix on the front page and am having trouble with that.  Do you know where i can find these files being reference in the instructions?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Temporary Fix [by @bas_timer]

A quick analysis shows that in `pci.sys`, a function called "PciOverrideBridgeRequirements" got changed between .1 and .329 to add 2 additional override cases from the initial build of pci.sys. There does not seem to be a registry change to bypass this, but perhaps this can be overridden from ACPI: that's a slightly later concern I might look into, it does seem to act on a resource requirement value. For now, downgrading system32\drivers\pci.sys to the version shipped with the initial 18362.1/.10 ISO (take ownership, rename, replace) works fine, but it might be this'll need to be put back to allow future CUs editing this file to be installed. Perhaps as a workaround references to pci.sys in the registry could be renamed to, say, pci2.sys as well, but I'm not certain about this...

• Open install.wim with 7-Zip
  • Mount the Image and then extract the following file
  • X:\sources\install.wim\1\Windows\System32\drivers\pci.sys
  • After updating Windows to 1903/1909 boot from an "Emergency" USB-Drive and replace Windows\System32\drivers\pci.sys with the extract one.
  • Reboot and your AMD eGPU will working.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote