Help! Resolution problem with eGPU Rx590 internal display and MacBook Pro 2019,1...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Help! Resolution problem with eGPU Rx590 internal display and MacBook Pro 2019,15 inch  

RSS

(@elnalgva)

I recently successfully booted the Rx590 GME with EFI files and got it working on some software.

However, I noticed that the resolution was fixed to 3360x2100 and can't be changed at the settings even though the drivers of the graphics have already been installed and running. The results include some software can't be displayed fullscreen and extremely low FPS at some games. All the drivers of the dGPU(Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB) have been removed with DDU, and I usually start the eGPU hot-plugged. 

Why this problem appears? How could it be fixed? 

Build-up: System: Windows 1909(Bootcamp), Macbook Pro 2019,15-inch,Intel Core i9,Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB as dGPU,Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB as iGPU,RX 590 GME as eGPU,latest drive

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@elnalgva)

And it seems that many apps used my internal GPUs instead of the eGPU, which leads to extremely low performances. How could I set the eGPU as first-to-use for apps? (though there's only the eGPU in my list)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@alpi_mali)

Bumb!

the same Problem here.
I cant Change the Resolution of my Windows 10 in the Display Settings.

my gpu is Cold-plugged. I boot with the egpu.

I make no Change at the EFI files. Just deactivated the USB-C Ports at the left-hand-side.

Specs:
Macbook pro 15-inch 2016
Mantiz Venus egpu
AMD RX480
Windows 1903

ReplyQuote
(@elnalgva)

@alpi_mali, I solved this problem by using modified drivers from bootcampdrivers.com and booting with EFI files. Hope that will work for you too!

ReplyQuote