How to enable iGPU in 2016 15'mbp bootcamp windows ?

Notifications
Clear all

How to enable iGPU in 2016 15'mbp bootcamp windows ?  

RSS

wwpokenet
(@wwpokenet)

I know that there is a script called Apple_os_set.efi to enable iGPU in windows. But whenever I run this efi I then can't boot into windows. The windows will shut down before the login interface. However, after I reboot I can successfully boot into windows. So I think there is something wrong with the efi script and windows. Wish anyone can give  suggestions 🙂

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
wwpokenet
(@wwpokenet)

The efi script is useful when before I install several drivers such as AMD graphics. But after I install this I can't use that efi(which will lead to windows booting failure). So I just can't install those drivers? 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin

Please do not apply apple_set_os.efi with the dGPU equipped MBPs released in 2015 or 2016. It’s beneficial with the iGPU only MBPs.

My EFI demo app doesn’t utilize this.

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 1809 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
wwpokenet
(@wwpokenet)

Thank you for your answer😃

I just followed the guide on  https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/internal-display-works-on-amd-2016-macbooks/. But there is something wrong with the apple_set_os.efi. So is there any solutions with 2016 mbp 15' and internal display?

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin

Sorry, I wasn’t aware of Alec’s guide. I assumed that 15” 2016 MBP freezes on boot up similarly as 15" 2015 when apple_set_os.efi has been executed. I don’t own this machine so can’t give you much advice.

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 1809 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
wwpokenet
(@wwpokenet)

My windows DO freezes after using the efi. I don't know how Alec proceed his guide. Anyway, thanks for your help!😁

ReplyQuote
marpid
(@marpid)

Same here, glad i tried before actually buying the parts as I don't have space home for a display 

ReplyQuote
wwpokenet
(@wwpokenet)

Posted by: marpid

Same here, glad i tried before actually buying the parts as I don't have space home for a display 

It seems like there is a confliction between apple_os_set.efi and the AMD graphics drivers. 

One solution is to use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the AMD drivers every time before you want to set up eGPU. 

You can reinstall the drivers by bootcamp. 

ReplyQuote