How to setup Akitio Node + MacBook Pro 2016 13inch with TouchBar + Asus Geforce ...

Notifications
Clear all

How to setup Akitio Node + MacBook Pro 2016 13inch with TouchBar + Asus Geforce GTX 1060 + Windows 10 Pro Bootcamp (Not Activated)  

RSS

s3aaan
(@s3aaan)

I have purchased an Akitio Node after i have seen a video posted in Youtube   that was able to make an external GPU work. After days of searching for an RX 480 Graphics Card as used in the video, i ended up buying an Asus Geforce GTX 1060 Dual Series 6GB DDR5. After installing the GPU Card in the Akitio Node, I was so excited to see how it works but to no avail 🙁

So far what i have achieve, is the first step in the video where

1. I booted my laptop to windows 10,
  2. installed the Intel Thunderbolt 3 driver and
  3. flashed the new firmware to the Akitio Node.

After the steps above, When I hot plug the akitio node to the macbook pro (with windows on), suddenly i will get a BSOD.  If I boot windows while the Akitio Node is plugged in, the display will flicker on the windows bootup logo then it will freeze and i needed to force turn-off the macbook.  I am losing hope that i could make my egpu setup work, that's why i came to your website  for help.

Thank you!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
s3aaan
(@s3aaan)

Question: Do I need to execute automate-eGPU.sh even though I want my egpu to work only in windows bootcamp due to unsupported GPU Card (Asus GTX 1060)?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@james_kelly)

Hey did you have any luck with your setup? I'm with the same issue.

ReplyQuote