(SOLVED) - iMac (late 2015) 27" 4K + Radeon 5700XT (Bootcamp)
This forum is the best I've seen so far for people like me who is trying to find a solution to make my eGPU work in Bootcamp
Bootcamp - Windows 10 /build 18362
No extra monitor/screen/TV
A couple of reboots and started to use eGPU - tried TROY and Sudden Strike 4 games, all good. TROY was running in 5K - with a little lag but it did run in iOS.
Anyway, the question is about Bootcamp+eGPU.
1. DDU first, cleaned all official AMD bootcamp drivers. Reboot.
3. Eventually Windows device manager did show me a normal dGPU Radeon M395 and "abnormal" Radeon 5700XT with error 12
4. I tried automate-eGPU EFI , then tried to fix it with necessary fix. Then avoided "If you are on macOS 10.15.1 or newer, DO NOT choose AMD as GPU vendor - just choose NVIDIA", created a new EFI boot USB with AMD. The more I tired the worse it looked. Eventually, bootcamp Windows did show only one Intel 530 videocard/chip ??? I don't have it. All my drivers were vanished after each attempt, not sure why. I didn't use DDU every time, but installed AMD drivers from bootcampdrivers.com again and again. I think I didn't suppose to do this EFI anyway because my Windows bootcamp successfully recognised Radeon 5700XT, just with error 12, no large memory
During all of this, my eGPU was always on, didn't turn it off because I forgot.
Followed the instructions from https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/#step2
Step 1 was finished with heaps of problems.
I got my initial dsdt.dat file in another way: I used acpidump.exe for that manually.
Make sure your IASL file is in the DSDT folder for scripts to run smoothly.
Stuck with syntax errors - but found Pravalorius DSDT file for iMac and compared the errors. As a result - nil errors, just some warnings.
Unfortunately, nothing worked - neither registry override nor in-memory substitution through CLOVER.....
eGPU Setup 1.35 is next?
HackFlags 0x600 didn't work
7. Replaced my PCI.SYS file with the old one - the whole system crashed
Large memory, The drivers are the latest from bootcampdrivers.com. It recognised both videoadapters with no issues
The issue was - Windows and apps/games did not want to use eGPU. I turned off my iGPU in Device manager - reboot. eGPU still there, but not functioning..... no use , 0% of memory, 0% of GPU. Tried that stuff in Windows graphics preferences - nothing worked for me so far. Turned back iGPU - the system can see both videoadapters again , but using only iGPU.
Bootcamp drivers from AMD.com - does not work
Old original AMD adrenalin 19.3.1 - does not work, can't find it on bootcampdrivers.com
Installed Nov 2019 drivers from bootcampdrivers.com - it's the oldest I've found there.
9. Success !!!!! Running GTA 5 smoothly, it can see 8Gb in the settings, all good.
The same with Red dead redemption 2 and Cyberpunk 2077. It looks like people are struggling to run Cyberpunk 2077 nowadays...
Both iGPU and eGPU are turned on ))))))))))))
AMD X connect app asked me to reboot twice, but it's working !!!!
Now I need to show you a proof - screenshots and benchmarks numbers I guess....
@nirvanich Thank you a lot for the guide!
So, what is the final stable setup method which works?
I see that the key factor was using 2019 driver from Bootcamp.
However, what are the other final, complete setup parameters for working eGPU?
Does the 2019 driver work in conjunction with set_apple_os, hackflags or other methods? Are you able to cold-boot it? Which exact method is working - DSDT + set_apple_os + 2019 driver?
What is the final W10 version you got working with the eGPU? 1903 / OS build 18362?
set_apple_os, hackflags didn't work for me - so, no
DSDT modified file instead of set_apple_os
Ok, got it!
But are you able to cold-boot (eGPU attached always), reboot, boot to macOS and back to Bootcamp with this setup now? Is it stable and works every time / most of the time?
it is stable for 100%, nil crashes, for me at least
I switch between Windows and iOS quite often - nil issues.
Only upset about low FPS for Red dead redemption 2.....