Late 2016 MacBook Pro 15/RP460 - Bootcamp Bluetooth & Peripherals issues.

Notifications
Clear all

Late 2016 MacBook Pro 15/RP460 - Bootcamp Bluetooth & Peripherals issues.  

RSS

MrGrimnir
(@mrgrimnir)

Hey All.

I have made multiple attempts at a working Bootcamp installation. I have followed the build guides (Like this one from Benkenoefsen) and can successfully get my Razer Core X and RX580 combo working within Windows 10 but I have issues that I can't seem to resolve no matter which version of windows 10 I use.

When I am loaded into windows and attempt to plug in any other peripheral, most importantly an external SSD that I would like to use, the OS will freeze up and crash. I, also, have found that my Magic Mouse and keyboard show up and connect but will not respond and will disconnect shortly afterwards. I have tried the SSD in all of the other ports.

I have been using automate-eGPU EFI on newer versions of windows, and I also have tried using windows 10 1903 v1. In both cases I can overcome the Error 12 but I still can't plug in anything else or use my external mouse and keyboard.

I have tried disabling the PCIe x8-controller as well as the FaceTime camera.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas would be much appreciated please!!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
howoarang
(@howoarang)

Hi, I have the same problem with bluetooth (Magic Mouse, wireless keyboards, etc..) on my Macbook Pro 2016 via BootCamp, too. And it not depend with automate-eGPU EFI or not. 

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP460) [6th,4C,H] + RX 5600 XT ITX @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + macOS 10.15.7 & Win10 2009 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
MrGrimnir
(@mrgrimnir)

@howoarang

Well, at least it isn't just me.

Also, thank you very much for posting your build too, it was really useful when I was figuring it out for myself. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote