Mac book 15" (mid 2015) with bootcamp (Win 10) // Amd Radeon RX 570 isn't recogn...

Notifications
Clear all

Mac book 15" (mid 2015) with bootcamp (Win 10) // Amd Radeon RX 570 isn't recognized by any drivers  

RSS

Maxime Garraud
(@maxime_garraud)

Hello, 

I'm petty new to this and my english isn't the best so forgive me in advance ! 

So basically I followed the steps to install the RX 570 with the Raze Core X. I had no problems on mac but when I tired to install it on my bootcamp I kept getting the code 31 error where my graphic card isn't recognized by any drivers (neither Adrenaline or ATI bootcamp drivers) even though I can see in device manager that my card is seen. 

I tried many AMD drivers and my card is never recognized (I keep having the "oops, no AMD products were detected") and the error 31 in the device manager panel.

I've pretty much tried it all so any solutions would be deeply appreciated Smile

Thanks ! 

It's even worse now. 

I'm getting an error 31 even though both devices are Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, right after I used DDU and connected the Thunderbolt 2 for the first time after the uninstall...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Simon Green
(@simon_green)

I think the issue is that while it can see the eGPU card, it can't initialize it while the integrated graphics are active (todo with not having enough resources I believe).

I found booting with just the eGPU enabled was the easiest solution and saves having to do any of the other tweaks.

That got things working with my Mac Mini + Gigabyte Gaming Box (RX 580). I just added some extra details here:

https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/2018-mac-mini-bootcamp-win-10-20h2-egpu-easier-than-expected-eventually/#post-93138

2018 Mac Mini, Gigabyte Rx 580 Gaming Box

ReplyQuote