Mac Mini / EGPU Radeon 6800Xt - Error 12 - Will not install

Notifications
Clear all

Mac Mini / EGPU Radeon 6800Xt - Error 12 - Will not install  

RSS

brwilliams
(@brwilliams)

Hi all. I foolishly purchased a Radeon 6800XT card assuming it would work in my eGPU bootcamp setup. I am getting error code 12. Which version of windows am i supposed to be running? I am guessing i have the latest. So does that mean i need to downgrade / reinstall? I tried the registry hack and that has done nothing. Am i missing something? or am i just screwed with this amd card and i need to get an nvidia instead?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@brwilliams, There's not many reports with RX 6000 cards in eGPU enclosure so you'd would have to try different setup procedures to see what works. We have only one successful Boot Camp build with an RX 6900 XT + 2017 15-in MacBook Pro [build link]. I'd love to give it a go with my 2018 Mac mini but I don't have one of these new graphics cards. Please let me know if you are to sell it for an Nvidia card.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // my 3rd RTX 3080 build [build link]  

ReplyQuote
brwilliams
(@brwilliams)

I am not sure the nvidia will be much better. This stinks. It seems like everyone has Error 12 issues with AMD cards. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
brwilliams
(@brwilliams)

bump? is there no clean solution to this with a mac mini and egpu/bootcamp with AMD? 

ReplyQuote
Bob Warren
(@bob_warren)
Eminent Member

@brwilliams, only 1903 v1 works.  Search the forum and you can find the install procedure.

MacBook Pro 16 2019 - i9 2400, 32GB memory 5500m - eGPU Razer Core X Chroma with RX580

ReplyQuote