Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] 2013 Mac Pro (nMP, 6.1, 2013, Trashcan) eGPU Setup Master Thread  

of  10
  RSS

AkiraKodama
(@akirakodama)

@dryy, Nope not yet.

I am still on High Sierra 10.13.6 to be able to use my 1080Ti.

I am waiting for AMD BigNavi to get release and Benchmarked and tested under BigSur regarding Egpu Compatibility. Until then I m on Hold. MacPro2013 is not the easiest machine regarding Egpu so I'm waiting to be sure BigNavi and BigSur do get along well before making any move in that direction.

Mac Pro (2013) 1680v2 D700 / Apple TB3 > TB2 adapter / Akitio Node Titan /Nvidia GTX 1080Ti / MacOs 10.13.6 / BootRom 135.0.0.0.0 / Bootcamp: Windows10 1809

drYY liked
ReplyQuote
BigMouthShark
(@bigmouthshark)

@dryy, I upgraded to Big Sur and there's some issue with my MBP Late 2013, you can refer to my issues here https://egpu.io/forums/postid/89297/ So my personal suggestion will be "Don't upgrade to Big Sur, if you're okay right now!"

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

drYY liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@dryy, It's working well on my 2013 Mac Pro + WX 9100 + Mantiz Saturn Pro. Make sure you disconnect the eGPU before doing the macOS upgrade installation. Once done run the Purge-Wrangler, restart then connect the eGPU.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

drYY liked
ReplyQuote
Sarwan Soomro
(@sarwan_soomro)

the windows drive does not load windows and the egpu turns off i have radeon vii razer core x chroma anyone here can you help me 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Sarwan Soomro
(@sarwan_soomro)

The windows hard drive stops booting into windows and does not reach user screen windows boot screen stucks 

ReplyQuote
Shane Mecklenburger
(@shane_mecklenburger)

Hello, hoping for some newb assistance:

After a pre-compiled DSDT override, Windows startup now hangs when my eGPU is connected. Startup works fine if eGPU is disconnected. When connecting eGPU after startup, it no longer appears at all in Device Manager. 

Before the DSDT override, startup worked fine and eGPU card was correctly identified in Device Manager with Error 12.

Any advice on how to proceed? Will a clean Windows 1903 reinstall reset my DSDT? I used the pre-compiled DSDT because instructions for making one from scratch seemed beyond my skill level. Here's what I'm working with:

Mac Pro 6,1 2013

Windows 19042

Mantiz Saturn Pro 3 eGPU + AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

This post was modified 4 months ago

drYY liked
ReplyQuote
Sarwan Soomro
(@sarwan_soomro)

I have managed to get razer core x chroma to work with Mac Pro 2013 cylinder with bootcamp using an eternal drive on windows 1709 pro on Radeon VII

I have one question. Can multiple egpus such as core x and core x chroma work with this machine using dsdt override. I have a RX 580 and I would like to use both Radeon VII RX 580 using egpu enclosures and d700 as well. 

Will all graphic cards work together in cross fire or will radeon VII work with RX 580 on different boxes or not in Mac Pro which is called trash can 

ReplyQuote
Maksim Koshelenko
(@maksim_koshelenko)

Newbie here :). 

I have switched from mac mini server (2.6 4 core 2012) to Mac Pro 2013 with Razer Core X + Radeon RX480 8gb egpu setup and faced with 2 problems. 

1. During turning system on, black screen is showing on both screens (default monitor plugged to Mac Pro and the Main monitor plugged to egpu), no Mac turning sound, nothing. As temporary fix for now I just turn Razer Core switch in off position till macOS is not loaded till password screen, then turn core X switch ON and egpu starts working correctly.

2. Main and most disappointing problem is not detecting EGPU at all in Windows 10 Bootcamp. I turng off egpu, then using option key choose window Bootcamp as loading option wait till windows loaded and turn egpu ON, nothing is detected after that.

Will anyone give some tips how to solve both problems, or at least make EGPU working on Windows Bootcamp?

Very strange thing that mac mini 2012 had not both problems with same egpu + enclosure setup.

Will be great full for any advice.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@maksim_koshelenko, I merged your post into this master thread of the 2013 Mac Pro. Take a look in the discussion as well as the build guides for 2013 Mac Pro. Also in order to boot the trashcan with an eGPU connected, you have to use the bottom two Thunderbolt ports.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Maksim Koshelenko
(@maksim_koshelenko)

Posted by: @itsage

@maksim_koshelenko, I merged your post into this master thread of the 2013 Mac Pro. Take a look in the discussion as well as the build guides for 2013 Mac Pro. Also in order to boot the trashcan with an eGPU connected, you have to use the bottom two Thunderbolt ports.

Thank you. Will give it a try in a few hours. 

ReplyQuote
 of  10