Mac Pro (nMP, 6,1, 2013) + eGPU + Bootcamp Win10 - Latest results, always been error 43?
I will keep updating this thread with information so we don't double up on things and hopefully we come up with a solution!
Steps so far:
1 . I have used DDU to uninstall both AMD & default NVIDEA drivers so only have Microsoft display adapters showing.
2. I installed the latest drivers as shown in GPU-Z (411.7)
3. Installed thunderbolt drivers from the forum, posted by itsage and also downloaded the intel update utility which updated them again with not much difference.
Other info so far -
I have also disabled one of the Firepros completely so I'm only getting one Microsoft Display Adapter - Dont know what difference that could make.
Also getting this USB xHCI error but I am not sure what that is?
I am downloading more drivers from Snappy Driver Installer to see whether that fixes it.
I will also try hot plugging and plugging in a different intervals so see if that removes error 43.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
Update: I'm pretty sure that USB xHCI is just a USB hub but thinking a main issue is the thunderbolt driver situation??
I've installed it through intel's update utility however device manager reports no drivers are installed and only shows up if the eGPU is plugged in. In addition the update utility prompts me to keep installing it. No device chains show up in the attached thunderbolt devices either.
I am going to try force install some of the drivers now and will report back. Also going to try some older nvdiea drivers and see if that does anything.
Okay final update:
1. Tried several thunderbolt drivers and only got a code saying not enough power available.
2. Tried older drivers with no luck - 368.81 WHQL
3. Tried to disable both FirePro's to just have the 1070 and that bricked it
I cant think of anything else to try, any ideas??
1. Fresh install boot camp install of 1803 & all updates installed. Used DDU to remove AMD drivers and installed intel thunderbolt drivers. Disabled one PCI bridge to remove code 12 and still no luck.
2. Removed HDMI on boot to attempt to get the generic PNP monitor to shift to the eGPU, windows boots up but no display, even plugging back in the HDMI port gets no display.
Anyone aware of why on windows 1803 the iMac with no iGPU can get this going and the MP cannot?
I will keep updating this thread with attempted ideas to save doubling up on items tried.
'No thunderbolt drivers found' within bootcamp is a non issue as my Mac mini states the exact same thing and works perfectly.
The issue is definitely removing error 43. Tried today:
- Installed bootcamp.com drivers on the firepros to access whether any hardware acceleration could occur (Just trying random things now)
- Tried intergrated.bat & dedicated.bat whilst booting with HDMI out of Mac Pro and in GPU (Again I know there's no internal card, just trying everything)
I'll keep plugging away! Its got to work somehow.
Today I had a great idea in that if I remote desktop I could disable both FirePro's which worked and could still control the desktop!
However the bloody card was still error 43 🙁 The only graphics card there yet still error 43!
I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this error 43! Any help?
I have a Mac Pro 2013 trash can with Xeon 12 core
I have 64 GB DDR 3 and ram 1 TB SSD
I have d700 dual cards
I need help with boot camp to work with egpu
Does anyone have a procedure through which I can install everything such as YouTube video
or can someone do it for me in london