Clear all

MacBook Air 2020 Bootcamp Build Discussion  

of  2
  RSS

Ivan Loo
(@ivan_loo)
Eminent Member

@oknelittocs, did you try this build guide:

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2020-macbook-air-10th4cng-amd-rx-vega-56-32gbps-tb3-razer-core-x-macos-10-15-4-win10-andygev35/#post-77794

Just wanted to update. One more thing I tried is to get the lastest Windows Insider Fast Build as indicated in this thread:

https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/error-12-on-bootcamp-has-been-fixed-by-microsoft-in-windows-insider-fast/#post-79170

Doesn't work still. At this point, I am planning to pick up an AMD card to see whether that works. 

Successful Build: MBP 2018 with Razer Core X Chroma + nVidia 2080 Super.
Currently attempting: MBA 2020 Core i7 with Razer Core X Chroma + nVidia 20280 Super (Stuck with Error 12)

ReplyQuote
oknelittocs
(@oknelittocs)

@ivan_loo, hi! yeah - i tried, but it doesn't work, unfortunately. did it work out for u in the end? i was seeing u were stuck as well...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ivan Loo
(@ivan_loo)
Eminent Member

@oknelittocs, nope. i'm still stuck with error 12. 

Currently attempting: MBA 2020 Core i7 with Razer Core X Chroma + nVidia 20280 Super (Stuck with Error 12)

ReplyQuote
MavMG
(@mavmg)

Same situation here. Nvidia 1070 (in Sonnet enclosure) on MBA 2020 i5.

I tried everything under the sun - installing different versions of Windows; disabling cameras, network adapters, the second port; modifying the registries (adding HackFlags, etc.), using DDU, EFI bootx64 and what have you. So far nothing works. 

If anyone gets anything working, let me know. I will do the same.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
oknelittocs
(@oknelittocs)

@ivan_loo, for some reason, I retried the guide step by step again, everything mirroring  andygev35 's guide, and bootcamp with egpu now works.

Used Windows v1903 v1 as per what he prescribed and it works like a charm!

ReplyQuote
Ivan Loo
(@ivan_loo)
Eminent Member

@mavmg, quick question do you get a BSOD when you hotplug your eGPU in? 

I have since tried disabling the secure boot in Recovery Mode, but it still results in Code 12.

ReplyQuote
MavMG
(@mavmg)

@ivan_loo, no BSOD, hot plugging, just persistent error 12 no matter what I try.

Any luck trying any of the other strategies people have tried with the 2020 Pro? Using one of the newer Insider Previews, etc?

ReplyQuote
Ivan Loo
(@ivan_loo)
Eminent Member

@mavmg, I’ve been following that thread too and trying various things. But I’m not optimistic at this moment

ReplyQuote
 of  2