Macbook Pro 15, 2019 (Radeon 555x) + Razer Core X + RTX 2070 Super, card detecte...

Notifications
Clear all

Macbook Pro 15, 2019 (Radeon 555x) + Razer Core X + RTX 2070 Super, card detected but Windows ignores it.  

RSS

Jorge Rodriguez
(@jorge_rodriguez)

Hi

I just installed bootcamp, then plugged in my egpu + rtx 2070 super, everything seemed fine to the point where drivers where installed, but it really doesn't work.

Both video cards are in my device manager: Radeon & RTX but windows only uses the radeon card. Nvidia Control Panel is installed but it won't run, geforce experience doesn't provide any information regarding the card. So in practical terms, the card is not recognized. But I was able to install the latest nvidia drivers and it shows up in my device manager.

External monitor through HDMI says no signal detected. 

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? Thanks. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jorge_rodriguez, How did you install the Nvidia graphics drivers? Best to run DDU to disable Windows auto-install of drivers for new devices then manually install the latest drivers for your card.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Jorge Rodriguez
(@jorge_rodriguez)

@itsage, Hi, yes I did. I actually fixed that same day and it was something really stupid. The card has two 6+2 pins power connectors, one of the 2 pin connectors was not fitted properly.

Thanks! Its a really nice setup once I got it to work, I am really happy with it.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote