error 43 with Macbook pro 15 inch 2019 bootcamp and Aorus 3080

Notifications
Clear all

error 43 with Macbook pro 15 inch 2019 bootcamp and Aorus 3080  

RSS

Johan James
(@johan_james)

Hello,

I'm unable to make this work, when I restart my computer the 3080 has an error in the device manager (error 43). If I disable and re-enable the error goes away but nothing happens nor works any better.

I downloaded the nvidia drivers but after the installation of GeForce Experience I'm unable to go further, it says unable to download the recommended driver.

I used DDU to clean all drivers on my computer and tried again with the same result.

I tried my aorus 3080 on a windows computer and it worked in less than one minute with the same steps.

I'm starting to believe that my macbook pro is not compatible with the device, any help is welcome.

This topic was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Johan James
(@johan_james)

This is how I fixed the issue. I was also having code 12 yesterday.

1. Removed the whole bootcamp thing.

2. Reinstalled windows 10 v1 international 1903 that I found online.

3. I didn't enter my wifi password while installing.

4. Paused windows updates.

5. Plugged in my egpu on left thunderbolt port with displayport already plugged in the monitor.

6. I turned wifi on. The computer started installing things by itself for the egpu.

7. The external monitor started working by itself.

8. I downloaded Nvidia drivers directly from the nvidia website.

9. The computer froze, I restarted and everything was working.

No errors, no code 12, no code 43. Everything works perfectly.

I'm unsure if I can update windows or not now that everything works. Haven't tried yet.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

Mini i5 liked
ReplyQuote