[EFI Loader] Error 12 Fix in Boot Camp for Apple T2 Security Chip Macs (apple_set_os loader v0.5)
I tried to remove the tb3 cable at the boot animation and then reconnect at the windows lock screen but still the lights dont come up.
Since the macbook air doesnt have a right side tb3 slot im stuck on what needs to be done.
I also want to mention along with the eGPU i also used a USB-c hard drive. So both the left tb3 slots are occupied. I did try to only plug the eGPU and then once successfully bootedly successfully i try to connect the USB-C hard-drive but that doesnt seem to be detected.
Am i doing something wrong here?
@, Just an update to this:
I tried the Goalque ‘s automate-eGPU EFI script by creating a small partition in my internal drive and booted using the script and it seems to be working fine now.
I Had this working perfectly, but now I am unable to use apple_set_OS Loader V0.5 as if I mount them (which I did before) using clover when I boot up Windows, it never appears,
I have tried a USB method, and it just looks the apple os loader constantly
@tyrant675, same think is happening to me, although I'm trying a fresh build, I did downgrade from Big Sur back to Catalina.
Whenever I try to load the edited EFI to Windows, it gives to a blank (white-ish) screen and then it reboots into start-up disk recovery mode, where it requires me to select another boot option (even with eGPU disconnected).
To login to windows again I must uninstall the hack from EFI reverting the file back to the original, otherwise cannot boot to Windows at all.
MacOS version 10.15.7
@ageekinthecity, I am going to post my method on here one day, and my issues, Ofer rebuilding my setup 7 times, I found doing the following works
- Install lastest windows
- Use DDU and uninstall the drivers
- Install drivers from BOOTCAMPDRIVERS
- Plug in EGPU
- Go the devices and find the EGPU Graphic card mine is 5700XT
- It should have an error (memory or something)
- Right click install driver from the DDU folder found on another post
- Then disable the intel graphics card.
- Boot up Mac and use Clover Configurator 4 to utilise the EFI loader for the 2019 16inch Mac and then use that method to get it to work.
*Don't replace the PCI, you don't need to.
*Pay for the software WinClone to back up your bootcamp
*Don't backup if you have iCloud for windows installed!
I will post a more detailed version later.
@tyrant675, I have a question.
After uninstalling the drivers with DDU, when I disable the dGPU (Microsoft generic display drive), and install the bootcampdrivers' one, should it automatically reinstall my dGPU 5500M graphics along with my eGPU 6800XT?
@ageekinthecity, Yea the the bootcamp driver should install your 5500m, and you'll have to manually add the driver to the EGPU, If you google the Nvidia optional drivers on google, then sometime are better than the Bootcamp ones, before that, restart the laptop first, sometimes that will make your 5500m one work
@tyrant675, apologies for my noob-ness but is it correct to infer the following steps from your message above:
- Install lastest windows 20H2
- When windows boot for the first time, install the Apple Bootcamp Drivers.
- Reboot to finish installing apple drivers.
- Run DDU for GPU AMD selecting "Disable drivers update"
- Install drivers from bootcampdrivers.com (will install drivers for dGPU 5500M)
- Plug in eGPU and let windows try to identify the card.
- Go to Device Manager, right click on eGPU and update driver from local file, select the unzipped folder for the bootcampdrivers.
- Disable the 5500M on Device Manager
- If the error12 appears on the eGPU: follow the steps to enable the iGPU in https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/macbook-pro-16-windows-egpu-error-12-fix/
Is that it?
@ageekinthecity, All right, but don't disable your base card, there is an intel integrated card, you should need to disable the base card, the EFI Loader is what makes it work. But you need to have your machine identity your EGPU card with an error before the EFI Loader will work.
@tyrant675, thanks for your help. Finally got it working with the steps above. If anyone want to try and create a "build" with the steps above, please feel free, my setup is as follows: