[EFI Loader] Error 12 Fix in Boot Camp for Apple T2 Security Chip Macs (apple_set_os loader v0.5)
Sadly, that does not work on my setup.
BTW, would updating windows now that everything is running have an impact? I can always change the pci.sys back to the working one, but has anybody tried it?
@aa15032261 thank you so much for this well put together tutorial! I went through it completely, but it doesn’t seem to work for me...still getting error 12. I even read through all of the comments on this post but can’t seem to come up with a solution. I wonder if I’m missing something?
HI dear mates.
I have new MacBook Pro 16 inc 2019 and rEFInd with Windows 10 64 bit.
After install windows i come back to macos (mojave) and install rEFInd 0.11.5 last version, but after reboot to windows rEFInd not shows me Boot menu Manager
Can you help me pls?
I recently purchased a 16" MacBook Pro and had some issues getting eGPUs to work in boot camp. I figured I would share my success with the GPUs/enclosures I have.
NVIDIA 1080 + Razer Core X
No issues at all, assuming I waited for Windows to boot and hotplugged the GPU. This was even with Windows 1909 and all updates having been done. Unfortunately, this GPU does not work at all in MacOS, so I had purchased a new GPU that would.
This is where I had difficulties. I tried:
- Replacing the pci.sys file. Did not work.
- Installing 1809. Did not work.
- Upgrading to 1903 update 1. Did not work.
- Installing and booting to the EFI file in this thread. Also, did not work.
- Tried the left-right-left swap as mentioned in this thread, in addition to the EFI. Worked, eventually.
While the last option proved to eat hours of time and I couldn't get it to work, I finally got the timing and got everything working. Part of the problem may have just been me misinterpretting what was meant by "boot to Windows," also, I adjusted the steps for what seemed to have worked for me.
1. Boot into apple_set_os
2. Plug in the GPU on the left side during the countdown on apple_set_os.
3. Press any key to initiate booting into Windows after the GPU is fully recognized.
4. Immediately after the key was pressed and you're on the Windows load screen, swap to a right port.
5. After ~10 seconds move the GPU back to the left port it was initially plugged in on.
For me, waiting until the Windows login screen to move back to the left port wouldn't work. Additionally, immediately moving it back to the left side after it was plugged into the right side also wouldn't work.
Same as the 1080, no issues at all, assuming I hotplug it after Windows loads. It does not work otherwise.
Quite a bit greedier here, but I tried shortly to see if I could use both external GPUs. While I know it wouldn't work for gaming, my intent was to see if I could use both for cracking hashes. I tried hotplugging the 1080 after the AMD was loaded, but the dreaded error code 12. Oh well!
I have macbook pro 16" i9 and try connect eGPU.
I make the eGPU guide.
When i load EFI Boot, this dont detect my eGPU.
Install Intel Drivers.
Install bootcampdrivers and AMD XConnect Technology on.
Windows 10 Pro version 1809.
This is working for me using the following configuration. IN addition, I don;t have to hot swap plugs. Works fine in same thunderbolt after first boot. See below for improvements.
Mac Mini 2018 (macOS Catalina 10.15.4)
Boot Camp partition with Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720) (I installed the latest Version of Windows with Security Updates as of a few days ago)
eGPU w/ Radeon FX 580 ( OWC Helios FX 650)
1. I needed to disable onboard Intel UHD card in Windows Device Manager. It was acting like I had 2 displays connected when I was only plugged into my eGPU.
2. Is it possible to only use my eGPU for booting Windows boot camp and Mac?
3. When I boot into Windows, seems like I have a half success rate of Windows booting up before shutting down my Mini. Might be version of Windows I have installed. Needs more testing.
I keep seeing "mount the EFI partition", how do I create this partition? I have the files from https://github.com/aa15032261/apple_set_os-loader , but there's no instruction on how to create this partition. Can someone make a more robust tutorial on everything related to EFI please?