Macbook pro 2015, bootcamp Windows 10, Hp omen enclosure doesn't work

Notifications
Clear all

Macbook pro 2015, bootcamp Windows 10, Hp omen enclosure doesn't work  

RSS

Aymene Zeggari
(@aymene_zeggari)

I have an apple macbook pro 15 2015 running windows 10 in bootcamp I want to use an egpu with rx 580, in order to make this setup I bought an HP Omen enclosure, a thunderbolt adapter and Thunderbolt cable (every thing purchased from apple), when i tried to connect the enclosure to the laptop nothing happened at all the omen doesn't even start up

I need help ?

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

Search the   Builds  database for similar builds that include the same model of MacBook Pro and GPU. Are there examples that work in Windows?

Are you using Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter? Other Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapters do not allow connecting Thunderbolt 3 devices to Thunderbolt 2 Macs.

Look into using Kryptonite.
https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/kryptonite-tb1-2-mac-egpu-support-with-filevault-sip-and-art-enabled/

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Radeon Pro W5700, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
Aymene Zeggari
(@aymene_zeggari)

@joevt, thanks for your respond,

So I found similar problems like mine but no solution, I'm using an apple thunderbolt adapter and cable, the Egpu doesn't even respond when i connected it.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

@aymene_zeggari, does it work in macOS?

I did a search in the builds list for 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro rx

This person got it to work with Windows 10:
https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2015-15-MacBook-pro-rx58032gbps-tb3-gigabyte-gaming-box-via-tb3-tb2-macos-10-14-2-win10-1809-ivanosh/

but it's a couple years old.

Here's the most recent one using a different GPU:
https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2015-15-macbook-pro-r9-m370x-4th4ch-asrock-rx-6600-xt-phantom-gaming-8gb-oc-16gbps-tb2tb3-akitio-node-win10-vietnamese/

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Radeon Pro W5700, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
Aymene Zeggari
(@aymene_zeggari)

@joevt, my problem is not with the gpu it self I have a gaming pc and it works line a charm, my issue is the OMEN enclosure which can’t be detected nor in mac os neither windows.

thanks for responding 

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

@aymene_zeggari, does the OMEN work with any other computer?

Does any Thunderbolt device work with the Mac?

Are you using a proper Thunderbolt 2 cable - not a DisplayPort cable? You said yes but I just want to make sure.

You either need a new cable or a new enclosure.

ReplyQuote
Aymene Zeggari
(@aymene_zeggari)

@joevt, yes it works with any computer equipped with thunderbolt 3 port.

I didn’t try a thunderbolt device on may mac this my first one.

yes I do a proper apple one 

ReplyQuote