[MacBook Pro 2018 13" + Razer Core X + Radeon R9 390] Device manager doesn't det...

Notifications
Clear all

[MacBook Pro 2018 13" + Razer Core X + Radeon R9 390] Device manager doesn't detect on boot.  

RSS

Jacob Pyke
(@jacob_pyke)

Hi All!

First off wanted to say a huge thanks to this community! You guys rock and I have never seen such a awesome thriving community effort to make this all work. Thanks for that!

Now my issue, I have a 13" 2018 MacBook Pro with 4 thunderbolt ports, and yesterday my setup was working great. I have the EFI trick during boot so it detects my eGPU and will boot into windows no problem, loaded the drivers and I was off with the races. It worked really well.

Unfortunately this morning I am having issues. It started with recieving Error 43 on boot whenever Windows detected the card. Did some googling seemed like a driver issue. I tried updating the drivers to no success (Error 43). Removed the drivers and reinstalled but still no luck.

Now my issue is that the Card doesn't even list in device manager upon boot. If I hotplug the eGPU it will pick it up, but it will result in Error 12 (Understandable considering the memory allocation issues that hotplug wouldn't work). But for the life of me I cannot get it to load in the Device manager upon boot, Tried reinstalling drivers removing drivers and everything, but upon boot windows will not grab the eGPU. Wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and how to remedy this problem?

Thanks!

Update, now it is detecting on boot but it's back to my original problem. Only showing error 43 whenever Windows boots.

Update 2: It has reverted back to not being detected, seems to switch between not being detected and error 43. I have tried a few system restore points to no avail

This topic was modified 4 months ago

13" 2018 MacBook Pro + Razer Core X + Radeon R9 390

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jacob_pyke, What's the Windows 10 Build OS? How did you install the Radeon drivers initially? Did you use DDU to remove the drivers following error 43?

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Jacob Pyke
(@jacob_pyke)

@itsage, thank you for your quick response. To answer your questions: Windows 10 Build 2004, I used DDU to remove the Radeon Drivers Initially and I used DDU to remove the drivers following 43.

Fortunatley, a windows reinstall ended up fixing this one Smile Bit strange, thanks for the help

13" 2018 MacBook Pro + Razer Core X + Radeon R9 390

ReplyQuote