MBP 16 2019 5300M eGPU Vega 64 HP Omen No Screen output macOS Catalina/Bootcamp

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] MBP 16 2019 5300M eGPU Vega 64 HP Omen No Screen output macOS Catalina/Bootcamp  

RSS

Gmail Gmail
(@gmail_gmail)

Hi Guys i hope somebody could help me.

I've been using bootcamp on my old 15 2019 MBP without a problem. Yesterday i got a new 16" MBP with 5300M dGPU.

Everyrthing worked just fine inside macOS Catalina. I proceeded to install bootcamp and all the necessery drivers from Apple, had no screen output, everything else recognised, including the eGPU Vega 64. Followed some steps from the forum and removed all prior GPU Drivers with DDU and installed the latest Radeon Drivers from bootcamp.com.

I am using the HP Omen GPU Accelerator with a Vega 64.

I have updated the Thunderbolt Controller to 15EB.

My issue now:

Vega 64 shows up in device manager in addition to the 5300m, LAN, USB Ports and internal SSD attatched to HP Omen work without a problem.

All is fine yet i cannot for the love of god get a display output. Any idea how to solve this?

This topic was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Gmail Gmail
(@gmail_gmail)

Since nobody bothered to help, here's how i solved it.

First I downloaded windows version 1903, then I installed windows via bootcamp.
Then I logged into windows BUT I did NOT install bootcamp drivers from apple. DO NOT DO THIS!

Remeber to disable windows autoupdate!

I proceeded to uninstall all GPU drivers with the ddu tool in safe mode. (Hold shift and press Enter).
I got back to windows, connected my eGPU and installed the latest AMD drivers from bootcampdrivers.com.
I restarted and everything seemed to work. Create a restore point at this stage.

I then proceeded to delete AMD files from the Apple Bootcamp drivers install folders, and then just run the installation of the Apple Bootcamp drivers.

Restarted a couple of times and that is it. It's been working for a couple of days.

This post was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote