HackFlags 0x600 Registry Edit - AMD Radeon eGPU Boot Camp Error 12 Solution

Notifications
Clear all

HackFlags 0x600 Registry Edit - AMD Radeon eGPU Boot Camp Error 12 Solution  

of  6
  RSS

VR_Nima
(@vr_nima)

I can confirm that this RegEdit didn't solve any eGPU issues for me. Thankfully it didn't do anything negative either (literally did nothing) so it's worth it to try.

MacBook Pro 2020 13"
Razer Core X Chroma

AMD Radeon 6900XT

Windows 10 Enterprise, 21H1, 19043.1645

Razer Core X Chroma w/ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

ReplyQuote
(@ty_book)

I just switched from a Gigabyte RTX 2070, which never had a problem hot-plugging into any of the four TB ports, to an EVGA RTX 3080, which would code 12 no matter what I tried. Very frustrating. This thread saved me, though! The combo that ended up working for me is applying the " HackFlags 0x600 " registry hack (I actually settled on setting it to 0x200, not 0x600) and cold-plugging into the TB port closest the Tab key. It was shocking to find cold-plugging worked at all. I never could get that working with my RTX 2070. Maybe has something to do with upgrading from macOS 11.x to 12.x. There did seem to be some major firmware/bootloader changes that came with that upgrade, and I hadn't reattempted cold-plugging my RTX 2070 since upgrading.

Things I didn't follow up on:

1. Is the HackFlags 0x200 actually required? I think things didn't work with HackFlags not set or set to 0x600, but I'm not positive
  2. Does hot-plugging still work? It's more desirable to cold-plug in my opinion, so haven't bothered trying hot-plugging

Things I did follow up on:

1. Only the TB port closest to the Tab key works, none of the others
  2. Trying to disable and re-enable the RTX 3080 and its downstream PCI bus in Device Manager did nothing to resolve the code 12

Full system specs:

Macbook Pro 16" 2019 (16,1)

Core i7-9750H, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 5500M

Razer Core X + EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA 10GB

macOS 12.3.1 & Windows 10 build 19041

This post was modified 3 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
buz
 buz
(@buz)

Please advise/help: 

running Windows 11 on an Asus vivobook S14 S433EA-AM217T, with an AMD RX570 in the Coolermaster EG200 enclosure.

The resources problem remains. Though windows shows a large memory block in device manager.

Using the pciexpress forcedisable in bcdedit doesn’t resolve the problem ( https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/ ) but in fact triggers a BSOD, on wich Windows restarts and probably corrects the entrance.
Tolud options in Bios not available.

Using the HackFlags registry edit, doesn't do anything at all, so I removed it from the registry again.

The eGPU does work on another laptop, thus the problem seems to be de Asus vivobook. 
How can I free more memory resources or optimize their allocation? ERROR 12 Evil
Will more memory do the trick? (Now 8 GB)

Help is much appreciated. My boy is very sad I can’t get it going.

RX 570 on Coolermaster EG200 connected to Asus vivobook S14 S433, core i5 11th gen. 8GB memory
(NOT WORKING, error 12 This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use)
Win 11

ReplyQuote
dream3
(@dream3)
Estimable Member

I have a windows desktop with a tb3 motherboard paired with a 3080 razer core X. Should I try this registry hack? I have error 12 and  I'm afraid.

Razer Core X + RTX 3080 + Asrock x570 ITX/TB3

ReplyQuote
(@t_white)

As the title suggests I need help getting my RTX 3050 to be recognized by my laptop. The laptop has a dgpu (Nvidia MX250) and the usual Intel UHD.  If I just plug in the EG200 the enclosure is recognized and eventually the 3050 shows up in the device manager but has error code 12 once I install the nvidia desktop drivers and restart.   

At this point I feel I've basically tried just about every method I can find/do to fix error code 12 on my own.  Any help would be greatly appreciative as I'm currently on day 3 of trying to get this working...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@t_white, you can try the .reg file in this thread to see if it helps resolve error code 12.

If not, try disabling your RTX 3050 dGPU by:

- highlight it in Device Manager->Display Adapters

- select View->Devices by connection

- directly above the highlighted dGPU will be a PCIe port. Right-click disable it after which the dGPU will disappear

- reboot and test eGPU functionality

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@t_white)

@nando4, Thanks you for helping me with this. 

I followed the steps in the opening post and continued to get error code 12 for my egpu.  I then tried your method of disabling the dgpu and that seems to work, and the device shows it's working correctly in device manager.  However, the external monitor I'm using (my tv for now) still shows no signal and if I go in task manager there's no sign of the egpu.   GPU-Z  and  DDU  both show the egpu but it seems windows refuses to use it for some reason.

Edit: Got it working! Not sure if it was a Windows 10 issue or not but after updating to windows 11 I did the following

• Already had the latest desktop version of the 3050 driver downloaded
  • applied the HackFlags edit
  • Removed everything Nvidia with DDU (clean and restart) and also checked the box in options to ensure no updates could be installed
  • Unplugged egpu once the system shut off
  • Logged into windows
  • Plugged in egpu and waited for unrecognized 3050 to show up
  • Installed drivers (well I did everything drivers, physx, audio, g-experience)

Works like a charm except the card's not outputting to an external monitor but I can cross that bridge when it's more important

ReplyQuote
(@marvin_cohen)

Jezus after everything that i have tried and failed for about4 days of constant teetering and tinkering to get to this 6700xt to work in windows a simple boot flag and a reboot with the egpu still plugged was all i needed to begin with this should be the first thing people see my God had I known sooner could have saved about 3 sleepless nights of going to work dog tired..

ReplyQuote
(@denis_estevez_1)

Posted by: @vr_nima

I can confirm that this RegEdit didn't solve any eGPU issues for me. Thankfully it didn't do anything negative either (literally did nothing) so it's worth it to try.

MacBook Pro 2020 13"
Razer Core X Chroma

AMD Radeon 6900XT

Windows 10 Enterprise, 21H1, 19043.1645

Same here really.

MacBook Pro 2019 16"

AMD Radeon Pro 5600M

Sonnet 650

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Windows 11, 21H2

This post was modified 2 months ago

ReplyQuote
 of  6