[GUIDE] MBP eGPU detection issues: delayed hotplugging, PERST# switch
I'm planning to use my Mac mini (Late 2014) as gaming rig.
- Mac Mini 7,1 (late 2014)
- Core i7-4578U, Dual Core @ 3.0GHz, Turbo Boost to 3.5GHz
- 16GB LPDDR3 SDRAM
- Apple SSD 256GB
- 34" Ultra wide @ Asus ROG PG348Q Gaming (3440x1440)
• Razer Case X to fit (3x Slot Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 11GB DDR6
- Apple Thunderbolt 3 -> Thunderbolt 2 adapter
- Apple TB2 cable
- macOS Catalina 10.15.5
- BootCamp in to Windows 10 Pro (updated to latest from build 2004)
- In Win10: All drivers are updated and all Mac mini hardware is recognised (without eGPU connected)
- Apple Boot Camp updated
My current status:
- Mac mini is connected to monitor over HDMI. Booted in Win10.
- Mac mini <-> (TB2->TB3) <-> (TB3) Razer Case X (RTX 2080 Ti in side) -> Display port (ROG PG348Q)
- I turn on Razer Case X.
- I got "Display port no signal" but I do hear chim sound from Win10 and I can see new PCI Express is recognised in device manager.
- Video card is not spinning 🙁 but I can see Razer Case is working
- Display manager do not showing new card and Windows is not asking for any new driver installation.
Should I buy bigger power supply?
Should I first install Nvidia drivers?
What should I do..?
I spend so much cash and everything was working great until moment I want to finally try eGPU rig, my "Nvidia monster" is not spinning and monitor is (Display port no signal)
Thanks in advance.
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
MacMini (late 2014) i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD | Razer Case X
macOS 10.15.5 | BootCamp - Windows 10 Pro (build 2004)