Mid 2012 13" Macbook pro + XFX RX 580 + Razer Core X

Notifications
Clear all

Mid 2012 13" Macbook pro + XFX RX 580 + Razer Core X  

of  3
  RSS

David51
(@david51)

Okay when i try to boot from efi boot even if i format it says that windows cannot be installed. I’m going to boot from the windows boot

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
David51
(@david51)

It's driving me crazy. I did exactly as you said, I partitioned the disk in two : one partition for my mac APFS and one partition in fat for windows. I created the key via the boot camp utility then I plugged it in and boot using alt: then I see my mac os partition then the one dedicated to the windows installation and windows and efi boot.

I tried to boot on efi boot and on windows and nothing works even by removing the created partition then by formatting to turn it into ntfs, the utility says to me that it is impossible to install windows, I cannot any more, with each step that I make there is a new obstacle and moreover now it added me a partition of 16mo that I cannot release any more from my ssd.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
David51
(@david51)

I finally figured out where the problem came from: I replaced the superdrive with a hdd. When you install Windows, you have to make sure you only have the volume you install it on and no other volume connected, otherwise you risk creating a conflict (indeed, it finds things on the second volume that it will create during the installation and it doesn't like it). I created the uefi usb on ntfs key with diskpart (but I think it would have worked with the bootcamp utility indeed).

I now have a Windows 10 1903 18362.30 partition with uefi in bios mode.

I'll do a tutorial once I'm done installing everything and hope I'll be able to do it, so that the person who has the same config as me won't be in the same mess. Anyway for now, thanks to all of you. I'll continue tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

nu_ninja liked
ReplyQuote
David51
(@david51)

I have a small question, should I install the drivers for intel hd 4000 comming with the bootcamp drivers (as you recommend here) or not? Because on several posts I've read, it's well indicated not to do it?

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@david51, that shouldn't be an issue, but always a good start to replicate builds.

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
David51
(@david51)

@mac_editor, hi and thank you for your answer. What do you mean by replicate builds ? Create a restauration point?

When you say that it shouldn't be an issue, you mean installing old bootcamp drivers or the new drivers ?

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@david51, I meant following the builds link and finding similar builds and replicating the steps involved there for highest chance of success.

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
David51
(@david51)

Hello everyone, first of all a big thank you, everything works perfectly, I'm even surprised by the results which are up to my expectations (GTA with all graphic parameters at max in 60 fps, even jedi fallen order which runs in "epic" graphics, only a few lag scenes at very rare moments).

The only thing that doesn't work is the sound on windows, when the egpu is not connected. I tried with the final.bat task (by installing the windows developer package, and creating the task with the bat files), but when the task starts at the beginning, you can see "no device found" very quickly.

This is the only thing I have left to do to write my tutorial. Has anyone here managed to fix it?

ReplyQuote
David51
(@david51)

Hello everyone, I'll be right back about the lack of sound:

The final.bat procedure is useful when the audio drivers for the audio chipset are installed. Which is not the case with me, I have the impression (hence the no device found).

In the device driver, the high definition audio controller appears with an exclamation mark (code error 10), in msinfo32, it appears as a problematic device.

I tried to install the chipset drivers provided by the bootcamp utility, nothing helped, a few right-to-left procedures found on the net, nothing either.

I was thinking of installing the realtek drivers, do you think this chipset is a realtek? (the download is very long on the realtek website, so I don't download all this for nothing).

On the other hand I have good sound when I switch to an external monitor via the egpu.

ReplyQuote
David51
(@david51)

Well, I found the problem: the audio chipset is not recognized during a uefi boot...

So no need to waste your time with drivers etc etc etc

the solution is exposed there:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/278518/macbook-pro-late-2011-sound-issues-in-windows-10-no-bootcamp/350469#350469

I don't know if I'm going to do this, I'm afraid it's going to jeopardize my egpu installation, or worse brick up my machine...

What do you think?

ReplyQuote
 of  3